CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

The Full Pull rationalization thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> The Full Pull rationalization thread Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 1:57:20 PM   
grafstrb

How does this thread not already exist!?!? Or does it??

I'm trying to come up with a reason why I shouldn't make today's Chinon offer my first FP order ... and am failing miserably.

< Message edited by grafstrb -- 6/7/2013 5:41:27 PM >

Terroir is not a flavor.
Post #: 1
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 2:08:02 PM   
Wine_Strategies

quote:

ORIGINAL: grafstrb

How does this thread not already exist!?!? Or does it??

I'm trying to come up with a reason why I shouldn't make today's Chinon offer my first FP order ... and am failing miserably.

It's a small thing, but I'm waiting for the '10; I prefer that vintage for Black and White grapes. Rationalization, achieved

Tim

https://ItalianWine.Smugmug.com

https://www.italianwine.blog

(in reply to grafstrb)
Post #: 2
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 2:08:44 PM   
ob2s

I'll keep them here for you if you like. I'll pick up and send to you when the time comes...........

German Wine ? see GermanWines.us | water nourishes the body, wine nourishes the soul

(in reply to Wine_Strategies)
Post #: 3
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 2:09:22 PM   
recotte

I'm not aware of a single thread... it's more like it pervades numerous threads: active users, I just purchased, what just came in the mail, moratorium.....

The only reason not to pull the trigger is that you will lose your sole remaining reason not to jump on subsequent offers from Damn Paul: that, on principle, you have not yet purchased anything from Full Pull.

Oh, and yeah, I ordered some of the Chinon.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to grafstrb)
Post #: 4
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 2:10:40 PM   
musedir

Full who?

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 5
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 2:14:56 PM   
dontime

Not happy with (Damn) Paul's lack of response to an email I sent Monday.  His inattentiveness has placed me on a Full Pull Moratorium - something I couldn't do on my own.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 6
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 3:36:35 PM   
schwank

I did get a whole bunch of allocation confirmations in the last few days so it is quite possible they got a container full of juice and are trying to sort and allocate.

I rationalize for sure... I should be on full moratorium but there are lots of great sub-$20 deals that I just want to try quite badly, so I pick up a bottle or two. Rationalize that 8 or 10 times a month, and suddenly my wife is frowning over the CC bill again. I just can't stay away because I really enjoy WA syrahs, and now that he has started offering some world wines, I had no choice to buy into the aged Riesling and Sauterenes he had in the last couple weeks.

Damn Paul.

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 7
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 3:39:12 PM   
Robert Pavlovich

Definitely follow up, I'm sure his inbox was crammed with all the offers lately.

quote:

ORIGINAL: dontime

Not happy with (Damn) Paul's lack of response to an email I sent Monday.  His inattentiveness has placed me on a Full Pull Moratorium - something I couldn't do on my own.

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 8
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 4:12:51 PM   
ob2s

I'll get 'em, perhaps in Nov.

quote:

ORIGINAL: schwank

I did get a whole bunch of allocation confirmations in the last few days so it is quite possible they got a container full of juice and are trying to sort and allocate. Damn Paul.

German Wine ? see GermanWines.us | water nourishes the body, wine nourishes the soul

(in reply to schwank)
Post #: 9
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 4:24:13 PM   
champagneinhand

quote:

Hi dontime, I got an email from Paul today where there was a mass flubbing up of the German Riesling offered and that an inventory count had to be done by hand and that if you ordered more than 3 of the Auslese, and had been allocated more, all but 3 had to be rescinded. I am sure this is most likely the reason for Paul not being as readily accessible. He almost always responds very quickly and we all know how crazy the Fall shipping times are.

I didn't buy any Chinon as I have a few in inventory, but I do like that producer a lot. The high prices associated with UPS shipping as well as the fact that by ground they are much slower than FedEx has caused me to limit my FP purchases.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 10
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 4:29:05 PM   
grafstrb

quote:

ORIGINAL: ob2s

I'll keep them here for you if you like. I'll pick up and send to you when the time comes...........

Cool. I will take you up on your offer once I've ordered ... still trying to resist the Chinon. I have plans to go to a local wine store tomorrow that I've never been to (Byrne's, in Clitheroe --- perhaps you know it?). I kinda think I might spend a lot there, which would make it a lot easier to hold off on the Joguets.

Terroir is not a flavor.

(in reply to ob2s)
Post #: 11
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 4:32:20 PM   
dsGris

I am only buying what can be picked up on occasional trips to Seattle. As TW will be along for the ride, I need to keep them to a minimum or the ride home could be a long one.

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 12
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 5:11:52 PM   
dontime

Challenge accepted.  Nothing from Paul yet.  Will keep the fans posted.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to dsGris)
Post #: 13
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 5:44:33 PM   
schwank

That would be awesome. A bunch of aged Riesling to be had. Both the FP offers and some from Garagiste. I'm not in a rush, at least until that 'german cellar' 3pack comes in stock.

Dennis, I think when I was at FP in September I missed you by a few minutes early in the morning.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ob2s

I'll get 'em, perhaps in Nov.

< Message edited by schwank -- 10/11/2012 5:50:39 PM >

(in reply to ob2s)
Post #: 14
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 5:59:42 PM   
S1

This is a stupid thread
Full Pull is the rationalization for EVERYTHING
but I'm broke (Miss Lillian [Syrah] Van Stupped me) so no Chinon for me today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laq2rNiWDYQ

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to schwank)
Post #: 15
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 7:01:04 PM   
musedir

A man's gotta know his limitations!

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 16
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 10:31:36 PM   
DamnPaul

Don - I have been trying to get a response through to your inbox all week but have had trouble with bouncing e-mails. Nevertheless, I should have followed up with a phone call, and I'm sorry I didn't. Please let me know if there's still nothing in your inbox tomorrow morning.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 17
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/11/2012 11:52:24 PM   
dsGris

DP, the lateness in posting my allocation notice allowed me more time on the moratorium. Thanks for small favors. I will sneak in one of these Thursdays for a stealthy pick up. If I was younger and had more money, I would be buying like there was no tomorrow.
Heck, if I had more money, who needs to worry about tomorrow?

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to DamnPaul)
Post #: 18
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/12/2012 7:18:50 AM   
caeleric

quote:

ORIGINAL: DamnPaul

Don - I have been trying to get a response through to your inbox all week but have had trouble with bouncing e-mails. Nevertheless, I should have followed up with a phone call, and I'm sorry I didn't. Please let me know if there's still nothing in your inbox tomorrow morning.

can i just reiterate how freaking awesome it is that paul made his handle DamnPaul?! i love it!

The Lord says, “Wine, both old and new, is robbing my people of their senses! (‭Hosea‬ ‭4‬:‭11‬ GNB)

what i got

(in reply to DamnPaul)
Post #: 19
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/12/2012 7:22:05 AM   
wadcorp

quote:

Ball. Court. Dontime.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to DamnPaul)
Post #: 20
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/12/2012 8:05:02 AM   
dontime

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadcorp

quote:

Ball. Court. Dontime.

Emails received overnight.  No idea why earlier emails bounced.  I certainly get the daily offer emails.

Issue on the table for further discussion.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 21
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/12/2012 8:17:57 AM   
Wine_Strategies

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadcorp

quote:

Ball. Court. Dontime.

Emails received overnight.  No idea why earlier emails bounced.  I certainly get the daily offer emails.

Issue on the table for further discussion.

Give yourself to the Dark Side...

Tim

https://ItalianWine.Smugmug.com

https://www.italianwine.blog

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 22
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/12/2012 8:20:48 AM   
Khamen

What is a "full pull" in this context.

The only full pull I can think of is successfully getting off with every member of a girl band on the same night...

quote:

original : Wine_Strategies

Give yourself to the Dark Side...

Oh and by the way that picture looks disturbingly like the Colonel...

K

< Message edited by Khamen -- 10/12/2012 8:21:44 AM >

We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Withnail

Post #: 23
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/12/2012 8:22:57 AM   
mtpisgah

I finally joined the cult and ordered from Damn Paul. Now I have to come up with six more bottles before he ships my first six. I am wishing I had joined earlier, I am wishing I had not joined, I am wishing I lived closer so I could pick it up in person, I am wishing I had an unlimited supply of money...

Paul

I read books to pass the time until the next bottle of wine.

Post #: 24
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/12/2012 8:24:14 AM   
ob2s

That would make you Damned Paul.

quote:

ORIGINAL: mtpisgah

I finally joined the cult and ordered from Damn Paul. Now I have to come up with six more bottles before he ships my first six. I am wishing I had joined earlier, I am wishing I had not joined, I am wishing I lived closer so I could pick it up in person, I am wishing I had an unlimited supply of money...

(in reply to mtpisgah)
Post #: 25
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/12/2012 8:43:56 AM   
rlp805

I am not sure if it is Damn Paul or Damn CT! Without CT I would have never been tempted to leave the comfort of buying California wines. Now I am expecting several fall shipments from Washington and yes, my first Damn Paul case to arrive.

-Richard

(in reply to ob2s)
Post #: 26
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/12/2012 8:59:18 AM   
mcsac67

quote:

I am not sure if it is Damn Paul or Damn CT!

I think its the latter (as I wait for 3 boxes to arrive by UPS from Full Pull).

(in reply to rlp805)
Post #: 27
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/12/2012 9:07:23 AM   
SkeBum

quote:

ORIGINAL: rlp805

I am not sure if it is Damn Paul or Damn CT! Without CT I would have never been tempted to leave the comfort of buying California wines. Now I am expecting several fall shipments from Washington and yes, my first Damn Paul case to arrive.

Exactly, I came on this forum saying, "Oh, I'm not interested in French wine, blah, blah, blah" God, I'm a moron. Now I study French wine before I buy it. I'm weak and worthless, but I'm having fun.

Here is a question, how long before you think DP has to close the Full Pull list to new people? I believe there will come a point where it will happen. Thoughts??

(in reply to rlp805)
Post #: 28
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/12/2012 9:08:57 AM   
champagneinhand

quote:

ORIGINAL: rlp805

It's CT. When I joined the forum, I had been using CT software for almost 3 years. I moved from WA state to NY and really missed the good wine available. I saw the Full Pull stuff and contacted ChrisinSunnyside. It was pretty much down hill from there, or uphill depending on how you look at things. When I started the forum I had about 140+ or - bottles in inventory. Now I have over 700 and more being delivered. Much from Full Pull, and to a greater extent JJB. I don't regret it at all, but it does add up. I remembered when I joined the forum that somebody posted getting the first 300 bottles took about 1/10th the time it took to get 3000. Yikes, I am now almost maxed out in my wine storage room. I will be very careful with the wines I end up replacing. I think the first 300 is so hard because you have to buy double, 1 to drink and one to cellar. Hopefully that ratio doesn't continue or get worse.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to rlp805)
Post #: 29
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 10/12/2012 9:10:59 AM   
mtpisgah

I would agree that it should be Damn CT and Damn Internet. Without it I would have stuck to buying wines from my local. Now I search for different wines online, who will ship to SC and who will not, what can I order that I cannot find locally so my friends will be jealous.

Paul

I read books to pass the time until the next bottle of wine.

(in reply to SkeBum)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> The Full Pull rationalization thread Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI