API to import wines / tasting notes etc (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support

tricky42 -> API to import wines / tasting notes etc (3/18/2024 9:17:03 AM)

Hi,

I have recently helped some of my friends migrate to CellarTracker. Right now, entering all info using the UI requires a lot of manual work. I would love to be able to create wines, tasting notes etc, to automate the process, but as there are no APIs available to create entities (as far as I know), I do not see and way to improve the migration process.

Is there maybe an API available that I missed, or are there plans to offer such APIs in the future?

Best,

Andreas

Eric -> RE: API to import wines / tasting notes etc (3/18/2024 9:45:35 AM)

I replied but also removed the thread. No, there is no API. When I did create a rudimentary one and privately allowed a few developers to use it, it was abused wildly. Sorry.

Eric -> RE: API to import wines / tasting notes etc (3/18/2024 9:46:26 AM)

There is a mechanism for one-time import: https://support.cellartracker.com/article/26-migrating-from-another-system

tricky42 -> RE: API to import wines / tasting notes etc (3/19/2024 3:36:10 PM)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your quick response. I am sorry to hear that the API was misused. Maybe there are solutions to prevent misuse (e.g., rate limits, etc.). But this is definitely not a short-term topic. As I work in the field, I am happy to share my learnings if you are interested.

I wasn't aware the one-time import is available, I will try this in the next migration ;)

Thanks for creating CellarTracker,

Andreas

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI