CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

WeatherEye and Weather Eye

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> WeatherEye and Weather Eye Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WeatherEye and Weather Eye - 4/14/2024 4:12:42 AM   
Jenise

A search just now for a tasting note I knew I'd written about a wine made from WeatherEye vineyards fruit didn't turn up until it occurred to me to try putting a space between Weather and Eye. Bingo. It's a new source and it's weird that there isn't a space so I get the problems with consistency, but now that the winery itself is established shouldn't CT's data base settle on the winery's preferred way of spelling it?

Here's one that should be fixed: 2019 Two Vintners Grenache Blanc Weather Eye Vineyard.
Post #: 1
RE: WeatherEye and Weather Eye - 4/14/2024 9:46:50 AM   
andrew

Two Vintners and one other winery for some reason spell it Weather Eye. We try to match the label. I did make it so 'weathereye' finds this wine.

Andrew Hall

CellarTracker Editorial & Support Services

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 2
RE: WeatherEye and Weather Eye - 4/14/2024 12:14:47 PM   
Jenise

That's the way to go.

Just hearing it, one would assume the space is there and wouldn't leave it out unless told to, just like one wouldn't cram both words together and capitalize the E. But apparently even the winery isn't clear on their original intentions. I'm amused to report that I just revisited the website and had to reset my password. The Reset email spelled the name with a lower case 'E' and the thank-you-for coming back email spelled it with a capital E.

(in reply to andrew)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> WeatherEye and Weather Eye Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI