Great way to say goodbye to Trotter's by bringing in some of own wines and raiding the list. A group of 5 pf us managed to pull off a great night. Best dinner I have had at Trotter's to boot with so many courses I lost count.
- 1999 Marquis de Laguiche (Joseph Drouhin) Montrachet - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Montrachet Grand Cru
Light peat moss nose showing some signs of age. Touch of premox
Dry dusty lean flavors, hazelnuts, with good acidic crispness. Still just a shadow of a this wine served from mag just a couple weeks ago. I think not a perfect bottle. Drinkable, but not a lot of pleasure. (86 pts.)
- 2000 Marquis de Laguiche (Joseph Drouhin) Montrachet - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Montrachet Grand Cru
Pretty floral nose nose with stony quartz minerals. Great purity.
Great density, yet light on feet, Wonderful depth of flavor. Long and delicate. Chewy finish.
Quite classy, just a tad simpler fruit. (92 pts.)
- 1999 Louis Jadot Montrachet - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Montrachet Grand Cru
Nose slow to open, but does show light citrus fruits tangerine, orange, almond.
Big mouthfull of wine, rich soft long with great weight and mouthfeel. A almost lush quality to the texture and delicate quality to the flavors. Lots of dry extract. Finishes in elagant way, but a tad short. (92 pts.)
- 1986 Henri Jayer Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Aux Brulees - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru
Bright delicate bing cherry nose, stony elements with lots of nuance, underbrush, wet soil, and touch of iron. Very impressive.
Nice intenisty to briary red fruits with earthy Ppeal. Lomg and nuanced with a real elegance. Complex. Dried fruits. A bit of hard edged sour cherry interupts an otherwise very fine wine. (94 pts.)
- 1993 Domaine Méo-Camuzet Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Aux Brulees - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru
Rich smoky dark cherry nose very intense fruit driven nose.
Dark cherry follows on palate, big solid core of fruit is very impressive. Great demsity and intensity of flavors, lomg fine finish. Nice strucutre and lift well integrated, yet shows young with good potential from here. Shows real breed a pretty with with real jnderlying guts. (96 pts.)
- 1996 Domaine Méo-Camuzet Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Aux Brulees - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru
Dark sweet stewy red fruit driven nose. More leaming toward black cherry then red.
A big wine, dense with solid initial fruit, structure and good lift, but a bit disjointed tonight. Long rich wine. Less nuance and more brawny. Nice flavors, but a bit hard needing lots more time. Overall, somewhat disappointing. Fruit seems to be stripped down with time. Some wondered if this was not a perfect bottle, but I saw no obvious flaws. (90 pts.)
- 1998 Domaine Méo-Camuzet Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Aux Brulees - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru
Interesting cedar edge to dark cherry fruit driven nose.
Nice balance and good depth of flavors, nice dark red fruits, some minerality and delicate finish. Missing some complexity, but likely comes with more age. A slightly lighter character. (93 pts.)
- 1997 Henri Jayer Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Cros Parantoux - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru
Rich dusty sour cherry nose, shows lots of complexity. Sweet fruits, earth, and many nuances.
Dark ripe dusty quality to flavors with slightly tight edge. Nice acid structure and freat red fruits. Good integration and shows classic old Burgundy length. Gives great pleasure and yet seems to still have long life left. Wish I could tru this again in 10 yrs, but doubtful. (94 pts.)
- 1989 Emmanuel Rouget Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Cros Parantoux - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru
A bit tight on nose, does show dark red fruit, bit earthy.
Nice dark juicy flavors, toasty, good tadt dry component. Quite good, uet a tad simple. I think needed some decant time it did mot get. Nice, not profound. Earthy edge. (91 pts.)
- 2000 Emmanuel Rouget Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Cros Parantoux - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru
Dusty, red fruit nose with nice sweet edge. Pretty.
Dark rich spicy long, nice density, Very impressive amd nuanced.
Soft rich complex and long. Quite the sophisticated drink. A wow Burgundy. Yum. (96 pts.)
- 2001 Château de Fargues - France, Bordeaux, Sauternais, Sauternes
Pretty wine showing nice creme brulee aromas and some pinapple.
Succulent and rich, het notmcloying nice tropical flavors witha hint of exotic spoce. Still quote primary, yet hedonistic. Perfect nightcap. (92 pts.)
Great night with great group of guys. Ryan, our Somm was womderful as well. The perfect way to say goodbye such a classic joint and it really rocked tonight!