About this site
Links to other sites
| (187 page views)|
| 3/24/2013-3/26/2013 (Bjarne sin kňk, Frogner)|
Hvitvin + Bjarne sitt WILDCARD
- 2010 S.A. PrŘm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Gro▀es Gewńchs Alte Reben - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (3/25/2013)
Rich nose of petroleum, honey, minerals and lime.
A gentle fizz on the tounge at first, and then lots of minerality with a subtle sweetness in the back. Nice and fruity. A finish with lots of acid, and some definite black pepper.
Good wine and excellent value. (87 pts.)
- N.V. Bollinger Champagne Special CuvÚe Brut - France, Champagne (3/25/2013)
Smells of red apples and yeast. An explosion in the mouth, with plenty of apple and citrusy acid. Long finish with green apples. (87 pts.)
- 1996 R. Lˇpez de Heredia Rioja Blanco Reserva Vi˝a Tondonia - Spain, La Rioja, La Rioja Alta, Rioja (3/25/2013)
Deep golden color.
Smells of oak, vanilla and rich, ripe fruit
On the tounge it's very light, but it coats the mouth like a smooth cloak. Very nice balance between the acid and the sweetness. Notes of citrus, butter and nuts. Very long finish. Evolves in the glass over several hours, suggesting it perhaps would benefit from a few more years. (85 pts.)
- 2007 Domaine Huet Vouvray Demi-Sec Le Haut-Lieu - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Vouvray (3/25/2013)
Very closed at first, but after a while it smells of pear and pepper.
Tastes of pear and tropical fruit, with good minerality and acid. Very nicely balanced. Long finish where the pepper comes in to play. Excellent wine. (91 pts.)
- 2009 Luigi Righetti Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Capitel De' Roari - Italy, Veneto, Valpolicella, Amarone della Valpolicella Classico (3/25/2013)
A big broad nose which gives off an earthy character, with plenty of pepper and dark, ripe fruit. The impression is enhanced when it hits the tounge, with plenty of juicy red berries and spices dominating. 15 percent, but amazingly well integrated. It's a big wine no doubt, but it's not as "violent" as an amarone can be. Good acid in the finish. (90 pts.)
- 2009 ChÔteau Coutet (St. ╔milion) - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. ╔milion Grand Cru (3/25/2013)
Plenty of fruit, especially plums. Also smells of black soil, leather and licorice. Fruity wine, but with a nice earthy character and a good acid accompanied by plenty of tannins.
Should be good with wild game, perhaps elk or reindeer.
Good now, but probably better after some years. (85 pts.)
- 2007 Duckhorn Vineyards Merlot - USA, California, Napa Valley (3/26/2013)
Aromas of dark berries, ripe fruit, tobacco, vanilla and leather. Light and fruity in the mouth with medium tannins that become more present in the finish. Good wine, but a bit too expensive. (87 pts.)
- 2007 Barone Ricasoli Chianti Classico Castello di Brolio - Italy, Tuscany, Chianti, Chianti Classico DOCG (3/26/2013)
Very closed at first, but then some oaky aromas with vanilla and dark fruits, especially blackberry. Very smooth, almost velvety, in the mouth. Plenty of berries and licorice at first, and then some pepper in the finish. Very long with plenty of tannins. (89 pts.)