CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

At Home Wine Classes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> At Home Wine Classes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
At Home Wine Classes - 12/3/2009 12:03:19 AM   
clintsf

So some friends and I are looking at hiring someone to conduct some at home wine classes for a small group that we would host at our house and I was wondering if anyone here had done something like this before. We're thinking a group of about 10 people.

We often do our own tastings and theme nights and thought we'd take it a step further. This week we're having a German night with about 10 German wines and cooking up some German foods to go with it. One of the most fun events we had was a "duck-off". We had 6 people cook ducks however they wanted to and then did a tasting without knowing who prepared which. Great fun.

Clint
Post #: 1
RE: At Home Wine Classes - 12/3/2009 7:15:58 AM   
jamjo

This past spring my wife and I hosted a wine tasting that we won at a  Coaches vs Cancer benefit auction. The gentleman that donated his services worked at a wine distributor and provided the wine. We prepared the food and invited about 25 people. We came up with a theme that was based on exploring one varietal and how the terroir would define different characteristics. I love Rhones so we chose the syrah grape and tasted northern  and southern Rhones and Aussi and Cal. blends. Most of the people do not drink nor no much about wine so it was fun to provide a bit of education to the group. We finished the night with belini's and home made pastry. The best part is that I did not have to drive home. Interesting footnote. I learned that the syrah was brought to France by the Knights Templar from Persia and was originally called shiraz. The hand ball soccer playing French changed the name not Captain Cook's prisoners. 

(in reply to clintsf)
Post #: 2
RE: At Home Wine Classes - 12/4/2009 1:05:10 AM   
TH

quote:

The hand ball soccer playing French
quote:

ORIGINAL: jamjo

A comment on Henrys assist?

(in reply to jamjo)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> At Home Wine Classes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI