CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Changes to Facebook integration

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> Changes to Facebook integration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changes to Facebook integration - 7/10/2018 11:34:53 AM   
dpolivy

Due to upcoming changes in Facebook's API, we will no longer be able to programmatically post your purchase, consumption, and tasting history to your timeline as part of those actions. Facebook is now requiring that posts to your timeline go through their own sharing interface. On mobile, the way you initiate sharing should stay the same, though instead of using the CellarTracker provided interface, it will now take you to Facebook to complete the post.

On the full website, we'll be removing the Facebook components from the Add to My Cellar, Drink or Remove, and Add a Tasting Note pages. Individual tasting notes may still be shared to Facebook using the PUBLISH TO OTHER SITES option on the drop-down menu attached to the note. We'll be looking at other ways to expose sharing the other options.

On the classic website, we will be removing the Facebook integration and are not planning to replace it.

Let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or requests around this. We're disappointed to have to remove this functionality, as I know there are a number of users who appreciate it, but unfortunately this is outside of our control.

I expect these changes to go live on our end in the next week or two, and will post updates here as necessary.

Dan
Post #: 1
RE: Changes to Facebook integration - 7/13/2018 10:14:50 AM   
dpolivy

These updates have now been deployed. For more details on the UI for sharing to Facebook on the website, please see this help topic:

https://support.cellartracker.com/article/47-sharing-to-facebook

On mobile, the starting points for sharing remain the same.

Let us know if you run into any issues or have questions on this new behavior.

Dan

(in reply to dpolivy)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> Changes to Facebook integration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI