CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Suggestion (reviving the idea) - Translate button and language options

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Suggestion (reviving the idea) - Translate button and language options Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestion (reviving the idea) - Translate button and l... - 4/11/2022 1:37:51 PM   
Rossodio

I know that both of these options have been brought up before (see here and here), but...

I encounter foreign language tasting notes with a fair degree of frequency - probably 3-5 a week. Many are lengthy and I am sure well informed. I would love to have the ability to click a button to translate the note on the screen on both the mobile app and the full website. This was listed as something on the "to do" list a number of years ago. Maybe it did not have enough interest to be worth continuing development, but it has not shown up. I would think it could go right above the "1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment" line if implemented.

I love that there are a number of people writing notes from other countries or at least in other languages and would be nice to help build a sense of community with them more with ability to translate notes.

In addition, support for other languages would be nice. I think if both features were implemented together it might increase usage of CT by folks outside of the US (or UK) significantly, and more users with more notes is always better in my opinion...

Has there been more recent discussion of either of these features?

- Rossodio
USA

Click below to see my profile on CT:

Post #: 1
RE: Suggestion (reviving the idea) - Translate button a... - 6/28/2022 6:47:43 AM   
Ibetian

+1

“I was a glutton at the banquet and spilt the finest wine,” Mick Jagger, Wandering Spirit

(in reply to Rossodio)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestion (reviving the idea) - Translate button a... - 6/28/2022 11:39:25 AM   
gotfunk

+1 using a browser plugin for now but would love for the site to automatically translate (and just note it as "translated from XXX").

(in reply to Ibetian)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Suggestion (reviving the idea) - Translate button and language options Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI