CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Gattinara suggestion?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Gattinara suggestion? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gattinara suggestion? - 4/29/2024 9:36:16 AM   
Smaragd

This is a follow up to my thread about Italy, for which I beg your pardon - but at least this is a precise question maybe someone can answer...

Is there a great winery/ restaurant for a day (or evening) visit and a meal in GATTINARA+? We'd be sleeping in Novara. If you can recommend any specific place, I'd love to know.

+edit: OR GHEMME or anywhere in this Alto Piedmont region that strikes you as memorable!

< Message edited by Smaragd -- 4/29/2024 9:40:58 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Gattinara suggestion? - 4/29/2024 10:35:39 AM   
xyc

Suggest searching Rick Steves Travel site and blogs or Italian Wine Guide online and reach out if necessary.

(in reply to Smaragd)
Post #: 2
RE: Gattinara suggestion? - 4/30/2024 3:58:15 AM   
forceberry

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smaragd

This is a follow up to my thread about Italy, for which I beg your pardon - but at least this is a precise question maybe someone can answer...

Is there a great winery/ restaurant for a day (or evening) visit and a meal in GATTINARA+? We'd be sleeping in Novara. If you can recommend any specific place, I'd love to know.

+edit: OR GHEMME or anywhere in this Alto Piedmont region that strikes you as memorable!

Gattinara isn't a particularly picturesque place - it's more like an industrial town with three "big" wineries (the biggest is Travaglini, and even they aren't particularly big) and a handful of smaller producers. I've been only to Travaglini, but the visit was great and the wines are lovely. I don't know if it is harder to get to Nervi now after Conterno purchased the winery. Antoniolo is the third big one. You can send a mail to any of these producers and ask if a visit is possible.

We ate at La Brioska. It's a lovely, somewhat rustic little restaurant in the town. They have a great selection of local wines.

Check my blog and join me in my search for rare and unknown grape varieties and wine styles!
My CT profile

(in reply to Smaragd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Gattinara suggestion? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI