CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

No Rose for you...or me

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> No Rose for you...or me Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No Rose for you...or me - 4/10/2011 8:50:01 AM   
smigdiggler

I am saddened to inform everyone that we had a winery accident a month or so ago and we ended up losing our 2010 vintage rose.   We tried to do what we could to save it, but alas, its not anything that we can salvage to put our label on it.   This is significant hit to our little winery because we doubled our production for 2010, so we will feel this loss for quite a while.     Luckily the pre release purchases were limited to a single case and I have already reached out to that individual directly to offer up our soon to be released Cote Du Soleil.  

Send cards and positive thoughts to the small business gods.

BTW - this accident has no affect to the barrel adoption projects, as they were on the other side of the winery.  I will be focused on the 2009 bottling and labeling process for the barrel adoption.

Semi retired from the wine business, but can't seem to let go of opportunities when they present themselves

PlaywrightWines on Instagram
Post #: 1
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/10/2011 9:24:56 AM   
musedir

Dave, so sorry to hear this news!

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to smigdiggler)
Post #: 2
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/10/2011 10:25:06 AM   
fingers

My condolences The '09 was really nice and I was looking forward to more

Hope that you guys are able to mitigate the impact for all of your families and let us know if we can help... like buying more DLT? :)

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 3
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/10/2011 11:02:56 AM   
dsGris

Dave,
Sorry to hear the bad news. Never a good time for a loss especially now with the economy in the toilet. We still have several bottles of that special find Rosé that will be given a little more respect.
I had a small period of remorse yesterday noonish, the grand kids soccer games were cancelled because of all the rain turning the fields into quagmires. It must have been the bad vibes traveling up fault lines. Solved it by going out and buying some wine.
On the weather front. How are the vines doing down there? We are heading back into winter up here. Some nights are still frosty. It rained every day last month. The vineyard owners must be getting a little concerned.
Dennis

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 4
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/10/2011 11:28:52 AM   
GalvezGuy

Bummer Dave. I was looking forward to that juice. My most heartfelt condolences, if there is anything the CT community can do for you let us know.

Burgundy makes you think of silly things; Bordeaux makes you talk about them; Champagne makes you do them.

(in reply to dsGris)
Post #: 5
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/10/2011 2:14:57 PM   
mwest

Hi Dave,
Very sorry to hear of the misfortune. In the other thread I appreciated you inviting Christy and I to swing by the winery when we are down in June. As we get closer I hope our schedules align.

Best Regards,
Matt

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 6
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/10/2011 2:32:46 PM   
annerk

Wow Dave, that sucks for you guys. Give me a call whenever is convenient for you, I'm pretty much around and available all week.

https://www.instagram.com/whattheducktravel

(in reply to mwest)
Post #: 7
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/10/2011 4:01:12 PM   
Hollowine

Hey there Dave,

Really sad news. As a small business owner I know how big a hit the littlest thing can be. Stay the course if you can, and always know that you have plenty of friends here to help out if we can (maybe a midnight raid on Harlan; we can water it back to a nice Rose...)

Scott

(in reply to annerk)
Post #: 8
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/10/2011 4:29:52 PM   
khmark7

Sorry to hear this.  Given how poor the 2010 vintage was on a whole, was the Rosé expected to be very good??

"a rogue Provence rouge of unknown provenance." author grafstrb

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 9
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/10/2011 5:11:34 PM   
Kermadur

So sorry to hear that news! We'll stay hopeful that things will turn around for you.

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=60097

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 10
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/12/2011 12:30:06 AM   
smigdiggler

Thanks for all the thoughts  I knew that i could come in here, cry a bit and get a little pity.   Anyway, we are looking forward and with the SF Vintners market that we had, we tested our soon to be release Cote Du Soleil (95% Viognier/ 5% Chardonnay - 100 cases produced) and it out sold our De La Terre 2-1.  I need to get permission from Eric L to post a CT special but he has been kind to me in the past, so hopefully things will be rosier than it has been in this past month.

Annerk - I will try calling you tomorrow before lunch - your time
KMark - the O-10 growing season was definitely a challenge that's for sure.
Hollowine - If you send the harlan down I cannot guarantee that I will water it down and sell it as Rose.  just being honest.
MWest - the barrel room door is always open...ahem  by appointment. 
Fingers, Kerm, Gris, Muse & Galvez - thanks so much, I really do love the feeling of community on this board.  It is truly something unique to experience and I only hope that I can give back as much as I receive from everyone here.

-dave

< Message edited by smigdiggler -- 4/12/2011 8:33:35 AM >

Semi retired from the wine business, but can't seem to let go of opportunities when they present themselves

PlaywrightWines on Instagram

(in reply to Kermadur)
Post #: 11
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/12/2011 8:14:44 AM   
wadcorp

Dave, so sorry to hear about the 2010 rosé shooting craps. Not good for the bottom line, not good for the soul.

Hoping that the rest of the year over-performs for you.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to smigdiggler)
Post #: 12
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/12/2011 10:24:01 AM   
Jack667

Sorry to hear the news. I still have some of the 09 that I plan to enjoy as the temps rise. Best of luck for the rest of the year!

CT review 1 of my fav wines: "like a balance that's achieved with every voice shouting at equal volume"
That's not just my taste profile, it’s a life choice!
My Wine

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 13
RE: No Rose for you...or me - 4/12/2011 12:03:38 PM   
cookiefiend

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jack667

Sorry to hear the news. I still have some of the 09 that I plan to enjoy as the temps rise. Best of luck for the rest of the year!

Ditto...

What a bummer!
Hang in there Dave - all will be well, all will be well, all manner of things will be well.
<this is what I tell myself when things get majorly effed up>

Dawn

'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'
Aldous Huxley

(in reply to Jack667)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> No Rose for you...or me Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI