CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ? - 7/6/2020 1:53:37 PM   
kilsen

On the mobile app, is there a way to view the Ready to Drink report but filter it for a specific location? I can do this on the web site (and in fact I've created a saved search for this). But the Ready to Drink report on the mobile app has no filter capabilities.

I can browse my cellar by location on the mobile app, and effectively filter my wine list to a specific location, but then I have no ability to sort the results by the drinkability index (i.e., the sort order used for the Ready to Drink report).

As noted above, I was able to save a search on the web site, which filters the Ready to Drink report by a location, and I was hoping I'd be able to use that saved search on the mobile app, but the saved searches don't seem to be accessible anywhere on the mobile app.
Post #: 1
RE: Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ? - 7/6/2020 8:30:59 PM   
dpolivy

Unfortunately, this isn't possible (yet). Adding the full suite of advanced search filters to mobile is a high priority as part of a mobile re-design effort that's currently underway. We're still in the design phase but making good progress.

Dan

(in reply to kilsen)
Post #: 2
RE: Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ? - 4/22/2022 6:00:27 AM   
VeniVidiVini

Just adding my vote for this feature — specifically and only the location field. I use this to manage inventory in three places and its absence makes the mobile app almost useless for the “ready to drink” search, which I use every time I am deciding what to open (read: most days of the week).

To be clear, as a power user, when I am in location A I have to go upstairs to use the desktop to figure out what to open because I would rather not have to scroll through or decipher which bottles are here and which ones are in Location B. I don’t care about any of the other fields for this report on the mobile app.

Thanks!

(in reply to dpolivy)
Post #: 3
RE: Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ? - 4/22/2022 9:39:34 AM   
Eric

Until we have our new mobile app, you could also easily save a favorite in Safari on your phone that has the exact desktop filter you want.

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

(in reply to VeniVidiVini)
Post #: 4
RE: Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ? - 4/22/2022 9:59:49 AM   
VeniVidiVini

Thanks Eric!! I'll give that a shot tonight.

(in reply to Eric)
Post #: 5
RE: Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ? - 4/22/2022 10:51:56 AM   
VeniVidiVini

Right -- so, it seems I cannot access the desktop website on the mobile phone. I have the Safari link synced to my phone already, and when I open it in the bookmark the UI changes to look almost exactly like the mobile app and I cannot use the same filters. :-(

THis is the saved search I like to use, and works fine on desktop safari:

https://www.cellartracker.com/list.asp?ThresholdPenalty=1&ShowFilter=1&Table=Availability&Location=Cellar&Formula=Bell

but when I click it on mobile, it magically becomes this:

https://www.cellartracker.com/m/my/readytodrink?location=Cellar

Which is interesting because the "location=Cellar" term is there, but it is not being 'honored' by the site. The first dozen+ wines listed are explicitly in Location B (ie not Cellar)...

I eagerly await the new mobile experience!

Thanks again Eric for all that you do.

Post #: 6
RE: Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ? - 4/22/2022 1:26:35 PM   
Eric

Put &FF=1 on the end to FORCE the desktop site.

https://www.cellartracker.com/list.asp?ThresholdPenalty=1&ShowFilter=1&Table=Availability&Location=Cellar&Formula=Bell&FF=1

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

Post #: 7
RE: Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ? - 6/30/2022 4:28:31 PM   
al00p

If you are an iPhone/iPad/Mac user, WineGPS can help you.

Use the Drink By report in WineGPS to choose one of your locations to use in the report. Choose the Drinkability Formula that applies to your search. Search for a bottle by producer, varietal, vintage, AVA, and more.

Cin Cin!

WineGPS is available on the Apple App Store here.

(in reply to kilsen)
Post #: 8
RE: Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ? - 12/27/2023 9:48:07 AM   
mye

quote:

ORIGINAL: al00p

If you are an iPhone/iPad/Mac user, WineGPS can help you.

Use the Drink By report in WineGPS to choose one of your locations to use in the report. Choose the Drinkability Formula that applies to your search. Search for a bottle by producer, varietal, vintage, AVA, and more.

Cin Cin!

WineGPS is available on the Apple App Store here.

does this integrate with Cellartracker? and does the app retain cellar/consumption/any CT data?

(in reply to al00p)
Post #: 9
RE: Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ? - 12/27/2023 10:18:25 AM   
al00p

WineGPS prompts for your CT credentials: username and password. It does not share them with anybody. It does save them at your option for reuse the next time you use WineGPS.

Once WineGPS knows how to query your CT wines, it downloads your inventory and consumed wines. The resulting download data is then used to present many different views of your inventory. WineGPS does talk back to CT when you mark a wine as drank.

WineGPS cannot be used to add new wines. CT does a great job at that already! WineGPS also does not let you reconfigure your inventory: you can't move bottles from one Location or Bin to another. But you can teach WineGPS capacity of your Bins.

If you enable off-line mode in WineGPS Settings, you can access your inventory from the moon. Well, except for iCloud features that is.

CinCin!
Al

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Mobile: Ready to Drink filtered by Location ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI