Professional reviews have copyrights and you can view them here for your personal use only as private content. To view pro reviews you must either subscribe to a pre-integrated publication or manually enter reviews. Learn more.Manage Subscriptions
2003 Grande Ronde Cabernet Sauvignon Seven Hills Vineyard
- > Washington
- > Columbia Valley
- > Walla Walla Valley
Community Tasting Notes 2
DrinkNectar wrote: (89 points)
February 21, 2010 - • The Stuff: 100% Seven Hills Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
• The Swirl: Very dark purple, opaque, Welch’s grape juice color
• The Sniff: Bright blueberry and cherry fruit, pretty grapey too – a wonderful spice comes up at the tail end of the sniff – good aromatic wine
• The Sip: The fruit is more subdued on the palate but presents a nice earthy blueberry and grape flavor with hints of vanilla and pepper spice. A nice acidity on the back end helps provide a medium length finish. Tannins are moderate but not harsh.
• The Score: At $30, this is a nice fruit forward Cabernet that I can score a 3+ (out of 5).
December 7, 2009 - Dark opaque color. Ripe aromas of dark red cherry and currant with cocoa, wood spice, and some damp earth. A lush palate with the same dark fruits and some good minerality. Nice acidity and ripe tannin on the finish. Very nice.
Pro Reviews 0
- No pro reviews found.
- Vintage 2003
- Type Red
- Producer Grande Ronde
- Varietal Cabernet Sauvignon
- Designation n/a
- Vineyard Seven Hills Vineyard
- Country USA
- Region Washington
- SubRegion Columbia Valley
- Appellation Walla Walla Valley
- Pending Delivery 0 (0%)
- In Cellars 12 (27%)
- Consumed 32 (73%)