• Golden straw yellow. Intense energy on the nose - yes, the nose, you can freaking smell the energy - with bitter honey and a bit of lemon. Sweet Texas ruby red grapefruit is the dominant note with distant secondary notes of peach and lemon. Very nice, if a bit more one-dimensional that I would prefer.

• Nice golden-yellow color. Grapefruit and apricots on the nose. Strong notes of apricots dominate, followed by peaches. Secondary notes of grapefruit that show stronger as the very long finish progresses. This is an outstanding wine, as good as many a Sauternes I have tried. In fact, I would say that its flavor profile is similar to the primary notes of the 1989 Chateau d'Yquem, but with somewhat less intensity and nuance. Really excellent.

• The glass itself was flawed with some kind of hairline fracture near the mold, and more than half of this wine leaked out of the bottle out into the bin before I caught it. The cork/enclosure itself was tight and not sticky! It took several weeks after receiving the wine for this to happen. The remaining wine was carefully strained and was quite delicious. I tried to take a picture with my phone camera but it isn't clear -- the bottle was 2 half-molds fused together, poorly. The bottle was clanked on the ground once when I was first putting it in storage but no damage was detectable at that time. Probably should have asked for my $ back? This all happened months ago at this point and I'm now removing from inventory.