• This wine is shutting down. Jury is out as to how this will age if it is anything like the Continuum which is hit and miss depending on the vintage.

• This is the ninth bottle of this I have opened, and the past three or four just have not been as good as the first few. It seems to have lost a lot of the complexity and depth that the first bottles had. It seems more thin on the palate. At first I thought it was just bottle variation, but each of the last few bottles has been consistenlty the same. Perhaps it is just shutting down for a while. I think I will let the remaining four bottles sit for a few more years before opening another one.

• Balanced and delicious... elegantly walking the line between Napa boldness and Old World sophistication. Ripe plum, cedar, tea leaves, restrained oak, medium weight and finish. Drinking well right now but there is no rush... this wine will be long lived.

• A very tasty cab - wasn't as old-school as the winemakers' "this is your father's cabernet" manifesto seems to imply, at least to my palate, but this reminded me quite a bit of some good vintages of Mondavi Reserve cab that I've had in the past. The fruit is full and lush without being over the top, and leans toward the purple fruit end of the spectrum. There's a bit of peppery spice here too, giving this some zip. Tasted over 4 days, and the deliciousness lasted throughout, boding well for at least medium-term ageability. Fruit is from the Lewelling Estate, but personally I preferred this wine compared to the 2007 Lewelling cab. Balance-wise, makes me think a bit of the 2006 or 2008 Rivers-Marie cabs as well. A really nice find for cab lovers. 92-94 points.

• This is really one of the very best cabs I've had in recent memory. Perfect balance and great complexity. Refined and finessed. Layers of flavor without too much weight.