• Wine had depth and character. Not a long finish but nice drinking all the same.

• This was absolutely delicious. I take my hat off to the family at Syncline. I've been a fan since the first time I tried their Subduction White, 3 years ago. They absolutely put their heart into it.

Medium/dark garnet, clear

Nose of pimento, cherry and strawberry, peppers

Wonderfully complex palate - in my opinion, a near-perfect balance of big fruit, tannins and acid. I wanted to just keep drinking. Hit all the taste buds, even down the sides, like a barbecue party in my mouth. The savory umami is just off the charts good. Black plums, peppers, great acid,

I know this could go a few more years, but it was so good right now. Our problem was that we could stop sipping this and it was our first wine, so we started out the night drinking a lot!

Medium finish

Wonderful wine - I'm really happy they decided to have a go at Counoise, and the 14% Syrah was a good addition, which complemented the Counoise very nicely.

• Slight nose of violets, but very muted and still. After a 1+hour decant the flavors really opened up into a very enjoyable wine. Round flavors of fig, currant with a floral hint. Finish was medium to long with white pepper and cloves.

Would score higher if the nose was more pronounced. Must let open up for at least one hour though. Just as good the second night.