• Deep burgundy; the most appealing aspect of this wine is its lip smacking acidity which was truly mouthwatering; the nose showed prominent brandied cherry and herbs: the palate offers herbal elements, cherry and strawberry flavors which evolve through a spicy phase into the acidic, lightly tannic finish. Thin from a body perspective with average length. Less complex on day 2.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• 12.5% abv, deep Burgundy red. Red fruit and baking spice on the nose. The palate is dominated by dark fruit and a strong tannic edge. I'm going to wait awhile on my final two bottles.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• Maybe it's in the awkward phase now. Funky nose. Smells like dirty feet. Maybe corked bottle, not sure. Disappointing.

• No formal notes, but here's my impression: Well made, intense dark fruit, pretty extreme in whole cluster character and very complex. Very compelling and has the stuff to age. Initially tasted blind, at a winery, with Pinot Noir producers. No one thought this was a Pinot. Also, at this point, this wine shows zero vineyard character from what is a unique, and one of my favorite, Pinot Noir vineyards in California. Maybe, hopefully, time will change that. Duane Cronin, Frank Ashton and Ian Brand manged to make compelling PMR PNs. I would think the A-R guys, with their resources, would improve on that. Not sure they did, not sure how they could by using 100% whole cluster.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (3)

• Rather unmemorable. Had it with a flight of 4 other pinots including Anthill Farms, Brewer-Clifton, Demetria, Rivers Marie and really did not stand out as much as I expected having heard the raves with the AR style. Did not decant but opened a few hours prior to drinking. It's good and definitely on the subtle side of the fruit spectrum but not overly earthy. How else can I express how pedestrian this wine was drinking? I admire what these guys are doing but the more I drink their wines the more I realize the subtlety is lost on my palate.

• This is one of the more interesting renditions of Pinot Noir I have had in a while. It's lighter in feel than most, but has a great deal of complexity, combining fruit and earth tones in an interesting way, all backed up by more than sufficient acidity. My only nit would be that it feels a bit sharp on the palate, but time may address that (or not - who can tell). I'll let my other bottle rest a few years to see what happens.

Jet lagged tasting note, so take it with a small grain of salt.

• Holy smokes. Way better for us than the 91.4 average currently on CT. Day one PnP and we could not get this to do anything more than tease us. We could just tell that complexity was there.

Day 2. Awesome wine. Fruit showed up, but the earthiness was still all there.

• By chance, a friend broght a bottle of this to a meeting in Denver. We had discovered AR courtesy of Rajat Parr at Michael Mina's in Las Vegas...

Shared with a group of friends. This was really nice out of the bottle (per prior notes). Great for pop and pour. Red fruits and texture are there, herbs/lavender on the finish. With next bottle I will give it an hour decant to see if I get a different result. Nice wine, very small production. AR is a a great up and coming producer.

• Dinner at our house with Beth and Dave first bottle opened from this purchase. Served with salad and first course.

Medium garnet color, nose has dark fruits, earth, barnyard. Medium body wine, restrained and elegant. Black cherry flavors, tart raspberry. Savory herbs and a hint of lavender on the finish.

This is a really nice wine, a surprise to the upside, everyone loved it. AR making terrific and diverse set of wines at reasonable prices. My guess is it will drink at this level for the next 2-4 years. Not sure it has big upside with aging.

• Nice fruit on the palate with a mix of savory herbs. Solid effort that should age well in the short term.

• decent acidity, medium body, decent earth and other flavor to add complexity to the fruit. good balance. could use some aging

• Dark fruit aroma with barnyard overtones, hint of mace, concentrated
    black cherry flavors with a long finish at the back, overlaid with a
    light red cherry acidity, a firm but friendly grip of tannin, still
    opening up after an hour. A-.