• Enjoying this wine. It's softened in the past year and is a fairly plush, with dark fruit and some supporting acidity. It also retains a nice element of old world barnyard, not bretty per se but it has a funky element that rounds it out. Sweet leather, light tar and some citrus in the dark fruited finish. Ready to go now and shows a good mix of CA forward profile and a seasoning of some older world.

• I wish I could offer a longer note this time but we drank this over lunch and I just didn't capture a full impression. Showed loam this time, good sense of dark fruit and nice citrus.

• clear, dark red, purple, in the color. pepper, warm, dark fruit, on the nose. black raspberry, pepper, earth, oak, on the palate. medium acid, high tannins, on the finish.

• Listed alc 14.7%. Opened last night, took to our favorite restaurant, Marche Moderne, so my wife and I could celebrate our 12th anniversary. I paired this with my usual: beets and goat cheese, then the coq au vin. The latter did excellent with the wine, given the brown sauce, honey bacon, perfectly cooked chicken and mushroom. Aromaticaly, I'd guess at some stem inclusion here, which I think is the usual course for Adam when he makes this fruit. I'd guess 15-20%, as it's not a major signature aromatically but it does show a nice shading. I also find some lavender and potpourri. Last night, the wine seemed a bit tighter, brighter red fruit and leaner but as I fast forward to today, adding slow ox from sitting in the bottle and retasting tonight, much more Susan's-like, with the usual dark berry and softer texture. The red fruit doesn't totally disappear, as there is some underneath the darker fruit, still showing some of the bright red tones with some acidity. Finishes with some brewed espresso/chocolate. All in, this wine is pretty soft at this stage (inclusive of the full day of air) and perhaps like other 2010s, will probably show better early, be an earlier drinker given the light structure. Pair this with a brown sauce, a bbq type food, as it goes great.