• Half the bottled ullaged after 8 years!!!

• A lovely wine, peaches and stones on the nose, deep yellow fruit flavors with good acidity. One of those wines I just want more of. It is a bit softer than usual from this vineyard and winemaker, but that is a function of this vintage. It is squeaky clean though, and delicious. The sugar is blending in, and I would guess it at its peak about now. No danger of decline though. An excellent bottle for the vintage, or any vintage.

• My First Donnhoff, BYOB to a little Thai restaurant in Carmel. Less than ideal stems and temperature, but still an amazing bottle. Somewhat mute nose at first, some tropical notes but not much else. On the palate, a rush of pineapple, lime, and mango accompanied by wet stone notes that became more prominent over the hour that it took to consume. 45+ second finish with racy acidity that tingled like a kid touching a 9V battery on their tongue. Over time, a very complex nose of wet stone, flint and tropical fruits emerged. Wonderful bottle. 92+ with better stems.

• This tasted mature to me, with notes of botrytis and musky fruit. Well balanced, with bright acidity. Deeper and more complex on the palate than on the nose. Surprisingly, the finish was a bit short.

• I did it for science! Last night Eric and I had what I thought was an off bottle of this wine. I had one last bottle left, so I decided to see if it was in fact an off bottle. Interestingly enough, last night's cork was soaked completely through. This cork was soaked 95% of the way through. When will the German estate start using quality corks and not overfilling? At first whiff I was concerned that last night's similar to this one. It reveals little but mustiness, minerality, and woodiness. The palate, however, is remarkably different. My initial reaction on first sip, was "Ah, Donnhoff!!" The palate is lush and mouthcoating. It shows minerality, peaches, and lemons. This lacks the depth and complexity of a great Riesling, but it is a good effort.

• This wine had a fascinating nose of plastic with some hints of diesel and seemed much more advanced than I would expect from a 2000. On fresh pours there was a bit of mineral stink, but I simply could not find any cork on this one. That said, while that wine had very nice acidity on entry I found it to be astringent on the midpalate and clipped on the finished. I think this wine was cooked somewhere along the way, yet despite that it was still quite enjoyable. One could do far worse...

• Eric and I went back and forth on whether this wine was corked or oxidized. I believe it was slightly corked but drinkable. Not at all a typical Donnhoff. Nose of cork (not musty), and tropical fruit. Palate was short and restained but showed some of that Donnhoff lushness.