This bottle was sent to me as a gift from the winery for being a wine club member for 10 years. With great anticipation, a group of 4 of us opened it for a special occasion. 3 thought it to be well over the hill and I chalked it up to just being an aged sparkling wine. If I was correct and the flavors were typical of an aged sparklers, then I will not be investing in 20 year old sparkling wine. It had the nose of sherry, not over powering, but it was there and the flavors were more sherry and nut than any type of fruits. Maybe a bad bottle, but it was drinkable. We all finished it, but with poor impressions. Gold in color, but far from any fresh flavors other than nice acidity. I am hesitant to call it a bad bottle (oxidized) not having experienced any old sparkling wine considered well aged.