• Can't believe this is the first I've tasted from a half case purchased at release - I'm not usually that disciplined. Deep, deep red in the glass, considerably darker than I expected until I recalled the '08 OR vintage.

I'm accustomed to the Cameron funk, but this one was particularly stanky when opened. While some of it blew off, this remains assertively aromatic: dark, almost but not quite raisiny fruit, a piney, peppery herbal top note, and an overall musky thing that makes certain you won't mistake this for a wimpy supermarket Pinot. Brighter in the mouth, thanks to a healthy dose of acidity. Even so, this isn't a restrained wine - it's deep and relatively hearty, better suited to bolder fare. What I'm saying is, this isn't the WV Pinot to pair with salmon.

I always enjoy Cameron wines, and this is no exception, but this wine is on the biggish side of my personal preferences.

• Aromas of earth, game, spice and cherry. Balanced, with lovely red fruit, cherry and earth flavors. Long finish. 92+ pts.

• I have tried to lay off these, but they are starting to come together very nicely. Only a third of my case left, wish I bought more. Great buy at $16.

• Drank over two nights. Very earthy nose with fresh-cracked black pepper, cherry cough drops and a little rose petals in the back. Initial palate is very stemmy, not much fruit. Tangy mid palate, dusty tannins. Prominent acidity adds to the lean feeling on the mid palate. On the first night the finish was very empty. On the second night it fleshed out a little and got a little sumpin' sumpin' going. All of this makes me want to toss the rest of my bottles in a far corner of the cellar and forget about them for awhile. Not bad, not amazing.

• Drinking nicely with notes similar to previous bottles. Wish I'd bought a few more at the $16 price tag.

• Giving just a little less than previous bottles.

• Followed over 4 hours. Cinnamon, spice and earth with a good finish.

• Red fruit, earth, spice and vanilla on the nose. Palate echoes the nose with deeply pitched red fruit dominating. Very nice. At the case price of $15/bottle I, personally, can't think of a better QPR.

• No formal score because I consumed it at a party, unable to give it much attention. The strongest impression was it semed very brittle and metallic. Didn't exhibt the lush fruit I've been noticing in other '08 Oregon P.N.'s at this point. Also interesting was it lacked the tell-tale Cameron "funk". However, in all fairness, I was consuming this bottle out of a coffee cup standing around a smoking bbq.