The Cuilleron family domaine, located in the town of Chavanay, was founded several generations ago. Yves Cuilleron's grandfather was the first to bottle wine for commercial purposes in 1947. Antoine Cuilleron, the uncle and immediate predecessor of Yves, significantly increased the percentage of wine bottled at the estate and extended the scope of the domaine. Yves assumed full ownership and direction in 1987 and, since that time, has built an entirely new facility while at the same time acquiring additional vineyard property. The domaine now produces about 50,000 bottles annually divided between the appellations of St. Joseph Blanc, St. Joseph Rouge, Cote Rotie and Condrieu.