The estate "Fattoria Petrolo", with its famous winery and prestigious production of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The property covers 272 hectares (approximately 672 acres) with 31 hectares (over 76 acres) of specialized vineyards, 19 hectares (about 47 acres) of olive trees, and the rest natural plants and forest located at an altitude between 250 to 400 mt (750 to 1200 ft) above sea level and with a terrain of rocky stratifications of Galestro (a clay-like sediment).
The region is known as the Colli Aretini (Aretini hills) which encircle the Monti Chianti, historically known and declared in 1716 by the Archduke of Tuscany as a particularly precious wine and olive-producing region. The Petrolo Winery is part of the medieval fiefdom of "Galatrona" and its tower, built atop roman ruins, still exists. In fact, this is where the name for our Torrione wine comes from. The Winery was acquired by the Bazzocchi family in the 40s and since the middle of the 80s the proprietors have pursued a wine production based exclusively on the highest quality research.