2000 Château Léoville Poyferré
Last edited on 5/23/2008 by bacchus
This is the only version of this article / View version history
Just to recap, the Cuvelier family purchased the Second Growth estate in 1920, which was formed from the Marquis de Las-Cases Beauvois’ original estate after its division in 1840. One-third of the Léoville vineyard was bought by Jeanne de Las-Cases, subsequently inherited by her daughter and then her sister who was married to Baron Jean-Marie de Poyferré from Cères. By the time the Cuvelier family became proprietors in 1921, they had already been owners of Château Le Crock since 1904 and established a negotiant business that still runs today. The 80-hectare vineyard (including Moulin-Riche) consists of 58% Cabernet Sauvignon, 31% Merlot, 9% Petit Verdot and 2% Cabernet Franc planted on gravelly soil.
from neal martin's wine journal