2008 Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough
Last edited on 6/8/2009 by fries
There are 3 versions of this article / View version history
These grapes were selected from a number of vineyards throughout the Marlborough region. Individual blocks were targeted for their strengths and overall contribution to the blend. The grapes were machine harvested in the cool of the evening and overnight to preserve flavours. Each block was kept separate throughout the various stages of the winemaking process. Fermentations were carried out at cool temperatures and when all tanks had completed ferment they were proportionately blended, fined, stabilised and bottled. All these factors have resulted in the plethora of fruit flavours, power and complexity of this stunning wine.
* Colour: Pale green.
* Aroma: Lifted aromatics of tropical fruits combined with the traditional nettle and herbaceous aromas of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
* Palate: Firm acidity is surrounded by hints of sweat, tropical fruits and herbaceous notes with hints of citrus sneaking in. A whopping mouthful of Marlborough.
* Food Match: Good to drink with anyone at anytime. Ideally suited to asparagus, oysters and summer salads.
* Cellar: This wine will continue to develop for years to come.
* Brix at harvest: 20.8 – 22.1
* Alcohol: 12.9%
* Titratable acidity: 7.1 g/L
* pH: 3.34
* Residual sugar: 3.5 g/L