2006 Les Verrières de Montagnac Coteaux du Languedoc Clos des Soutyères
Last edited on 1/25/2010 by fries
This is the only version of this article / View version history
* Grapes and assemblies: Syrah 70%, 20% Grenache Noir, Carignan 10%
* Vines and soils: The vines behind this wine are between 35 and 45 years old and are planted with an average density of 4,500 vines per hectare. Located on the hillside overlooking the sea, the plots of Syrah (2ha) are rooted in poor soils of limestone and clay. Grenache noir (0.5 ha) is located on a hillside on a field with a strong limestone. The plot of Carignan (0.5 ha total) were divided into two during the harvest to harvest the best grapes.
* Harvest: manual
* Vinification and aging: Peeling, Cold Maceration (1 night), pumping, power cuts, separating juice / press, assembly lots after tasting, in vats and barrels: 30% of assembly was 1 / 3 softwood a wine and 2 / 3 of new wood.
* % Vol acquired: 14.5%
* Eye: Black color with intense deep purple reflections.
* Nose: Complex and intense mixture of spices, pepper, notes of leather and ripe fruit complicated by subtle touches of wood.
* Taste: Round with a touch of sweetness and Recall leather and black fruit mixed with touch of spice and garrigue.
* Tasting: This is a structured wine with deep color but elegant. A decant and serve for the pleasure of tasting.
* Aging potential: 10 years and more, or enjoy the pleasure of working time