2007 Perrin & Fils Côtes du Rhône Reserve
Last edited on 12/2/2009 by jakuda
There are 2 versions of this article / View version history
* The vineyard: Perrin Réserve Rouge is sourced in our own vineyards of Grand Prébois (40 hectares/99 acres) and Vinsobres (45 hectares/111 acres), as well as from vineyards that we lease under long-term contracts. All these plots are managed and supervised by the Beaucastel team.
* Geology: Within the Grand Prébois vineyard, and the adjacent leased land, the soils are of limestone clay and gravelly clay. At Vinsobres we have terraces that are rich in quartz and limestone marl.
* Grape varieties: 60% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 20% Mourvèdre.
* Winemaking: In our own Perrin&Fils winery. De-stemming, with temperature-controlled fermentation in stainless-steel tanks of 150 hectolitres and an otherwise traditional process.
* Maturing: Mainly in tanks, with 25% in casks, for 12 months. Bottling in December, after fining using egg white.
* Tasting notes: A beautiful deep red hue that seems almost opaque. The nose shows caramel and spices that mingle with red berry fruit. The palate is full and deep, with fine tannins and good length.
* Appearance: Deep ruby with violet hues. Nose: Still a little milk, the nose shows intense aromas of candied red fruit, raspberry jam, spice, black pepper. Taste: supple, round, structured with fresh
* Serving: Served at 18°C (64°F) with beef, lamb, poultry with sauce, grilled meat. Perfect match: lamb curry with orange peel and roasted red peppers.