[From the Fall 2010 VINsider Club]
* Our signature red wine showcases the spiciness and impeccable balance of the remarkable 2008 vintage.
* It is as usual based on the red fruit, earth, and mocha of Mourvedre (38%), while Grenache (30%) brings rich mouthfeel, glycerin, and a refreshing acidity. Syrah (26%) plays its largest role since 2002, providing black fruit and mineral and 6% Counoise adds vibrancy and brambly fruit.
* The wine was blended in august 2009, aged in foudre and bottled in July 2010.
* A deep, spicy nose with waves of fruit alternating between red and black raspberry and cherry, grilled meat, balsamic and licorice. The palate is highlighted by beautiful acidity, an appealing mintiness, and substantial but fine-grained tannins.
* The wine is tasting great now, and we think it will only get better. Enjoy over the next two decades.
3400 cases produced.
Robert Parker 91-93 pts (Aug 2010)
[Wine label] Dark garnet red in color, with a dark nose of chocolate, plums, and crushed rock. The elegant palate is rich and layered, displaying flavors of purple fruit, cedary spice, supple tannins, and a long lingering finish.