1. cephomer

2. Edwind

Edwind

3. rpenn77

rpenn77

• Had a bottle of this 2008 last year, and my notes are very consistent. Deep gold in color, nose of tropical fruit, medium to heavy bodied, oaky caramel & pineapple, long finish. Not a particularly elegant wine, but has many enjoyable elements.

• Just ok for me and my guests. Maybe unfair as we had after a 2010 Aubert Lauren but just seemed to be neither here nor there. Maybe just an off bottle.

• I've only had Kistler chards a handful of times. Attending their wine dinner next week, I thought I would get a head start! 2008 here - I just can't decide if you're supposed to drink these as young as possible, or really let them age? Very pale straw color, clearly unfiltered. Very subtle nose of sweet, yellow fruit (almost muted). Lovely balance on the attack, but it quickly gets awkward/funky mid-palate. I thought it might just be me, so I tried it again Night Two - less funky, but still present. Amazing how mixed one's experience can be, all within the same taste! Simply bottle variation?

• All of these Kistler wines are so intense. So full of well developed fruits and flavors. Just an experience to have a bottle or two. I would heartily recommend to anyone.

• Drank with Gisondis at Gus last nite. Generous nose of tropical fruit, honey and some spice. Big on the palate--in fact much heavier, more viscous than I expected. Lots of sweet, tart pineapple up front, along with some pear & some toast. Fairly long though not particularly complex or well structured. Not really what I expected from this bottle in that it had somewhat of a sledgehammer quality to it, but still enjoyable with our lobsters.

• By Josh Raynolds
    May/June 2011, IWC Issue #156, (See more on Vinous...)

(Kistler Vineyards Chardonnay Kistler Vineyard Sonoma Coast) Subscribe to see review text.