1. Bigluch1

Bigluch1

• I drank this bottle a while ago so going off memory here. My thoughts at the time was that I enjoyed it overall although it wasn't it my normal wheelhouse. I liked the body that it had, the fleshy citrus/melon fruit, the clean finish despite being 14+% ABV. I did recall that the wine had improved with air time, got better after it was open for about an hour. This would likely go well with some sushi or seafood. Definitely worth a try.

• Not really my normal preferences as far as whites go, but much to my surprise, I quite enjoyed this. Floral, fruity, and semi-dry. Great with food. This is a Riesling-drinker's white, for sure.

• A bottle of this lovely Viognier magically appeared right next to my sushi dinner tonight. What a lovely pair. This wine can easily be over powered, just take a clump of wasabi in your mouth and you'll see what I mean. But it's compliments sushi, pieces, probably not most rolls, very well.

It's very light in color; tanish with a touch of yellow, leaves a thin coating around the glass. The aroma is pleasant; clean with some melon. I don't know the specs, but would guess this has low alcohol, high acidity and a little RS, maybe 1 or 2%. There's definitely a sweet flavor. It had a nice feel in the mouth and a short finish. Flavors included a touch of vanilla, citrus and the sushi enhanced the flavor with some pineapple and watermelon.

I've had a few Viogniers that have been all over the place. This one feels like it was very well crafted and is a pleasure to drink with or without food, but the food should be fish or chicken without many spices. I'm not good at pricing wine, but at $15 to $20/bottle, I'd say this is a very good buy. I just wish I had some room for it. I have a feeling this wine was truly made to drink now and may stand up for a couple of years, but I wouldn't cellar this for long.

Final comment: I really enjoyed this wine. You can tell because I had 3 glasses when usually one glass is my max.

(EDIT: I ordered 2 more bottles even at the higher price.)