1. winelesbos

2. baileycs

baileycs

3. jlbwendt

jlbwendt

• When opening the cork broke in half, came out in pieces so I strained and decanted for an hour. Only dark ruby, reticent black currant nose. Initially way too acidic and not drinkable and I like acid. The next nigh showed marked improvement. Tart iodine, roast beef with full body, stemmy tannins. These wines usually take some time to integrate and show much better on day 2-3, I will let this one brood on the counter another night. Hopefully it will get jealous when I drink another and will present a more appealing disposition tomorrow. OK, finally coming around, still inky dark with blackberry nose. Lightly tart tannins, bold fruit, not jammy, still a bit raw and needs to even out and integrate into a hormoneous whole. There is potential, and will wait.

• Two and a half years after my last note and my notes tonight match almost perfectly. The structural components are a bit more integrated but the fruit is still fresh. This should live several more years... don't hesitate to open one now but I think this will live past its 10th birthday.

• Corked :(

• My last bottle. Such a very good Syrah; I will miss it. All previous notes apply.

• N: Black fruit, tobacco and earth. P: Whoa, a surprisingly young wine with loads of dark fruit, earth, tobacco and a hint of smoke. F: Medium with balanced acidity and tannins. This got better with an hour decant and never showed signs of declining. I wish I had more as this has plenty of life left. 92+

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (1)

Garagiste

• By Jon Rimmerman
    12/30/2008, (See more on Garagiste...)

(DAUPHINE Nicolas Cole Syrah) Overnight

Dear Friends,

Here are a few specials at great prices to wrap up the year. None of these are cast-offs, they are first-run wines that should cost a lot more. All would have been offers in their own right but quantities are too small.

As always, all have impeccable provenance.

Please limit requests to 6/each wine and we will allocate accordingly:

2006 Nicolas Cole Syrah "Dauphine" (Walla Walla)
    Last year's "Dauphine" was highly rated by the national press and given a nice review by Paul Gregutt - the 2006 should trump that wine by a wide margin as it's the first Dauphine to incorporate a majority of estate fruit in the blend. You can check pricing on the 2005 to see how good of a tarriff this is. This parcel is directly from the winery cellar. EXTREMELY LIMITED at this pre-release price (will be available early in the new year).

2005 Clos de Sarpe 750ml (St. Emilion)
    This incredible wine reminds me of what the 1900 Margaux must have been like on release - it is so old-school and layered with a tannic, gritty presence that it has the chance to last for 50-100 years (I'm not kidding). In addition, this price is less than the first tranche offer 2-3 years ago (but we don't have much so I'm burying it here in this offer)...

2002 Bodegas Alion (Vega Sicilia)

Jon Rimmerman
    Garagiste
    Seattle, WA

Bord8570
    WA5990
    Spain6620

NOTE: Some content is property of Garagiste.