1. qualtalk

2. timmer57

3. Jim B

Jim B

• Does anyone know where i could buy a bottle of the 2010 Mauritson Zinfandel?

• Nice typical fruity Zinfandel but nor overly so. easy drinker

Do you find this review helpful? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• We visited the Mauritson tasting room near Healdsburg this past summer and had a very nice experience there. We brought home a bottle of their Rockpile Syrah however this Dry Creek Zinfandel was purchased at Stirling Wines here in NJ.

Our bottle of the Dry Creek Zin didn't quite live up to some of the other notes provided here. While it had some nice dark berry notes (reminded me of Tazo Brambleberry ice tea), the alcohol was getting in the way of the fruit. As a result, I found this wine to be inconsistent from sip to sip. For me it was ok, but not great.

I should definitely mention that I noticed when I brought this up from the cellar that there was some slight leakage around the cork that had penetrated the foil seal and ran down the side of the bottle. While the wine definitely wasn't corked or oxidized, this certainly could have contributed to some bottle variation. It would be worth picking up another bottle to see if that one fares any better.

• Not much I could add to previous opinions, except, so good.

• A nice surprise. I don't own any DCV Zin, haven't in years. However, this bottle makes a solid case for what I did like about the region's Zins when I was buying them (regularly, too). Crunchy red and blue fruits, fresh acids, and elegant tannins subtly framing the package. The complexity was there from the first glass, and stayed there all the way through to the final one, some two hours in. Plums, strawberry and vibrant spices. A good, honest value for a lovely Zin @ approximately $25. The label says 15,2% abv, but really, it never came across as anything higher than 14%. Some nice craftsmanship and solid winegrowing here; drink thru 2018. recommended

PnP, served non-blind.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• By Richard Jennings
    9/10/2012, (See more on 92 points

(Mauritson Wines Zinfandel Dry Creek Valley) Dark ruby color; lifted, tart berry, tart cherry nose; tasty, rich, ripe cherry, berry palate; medium-plus finish (w/3% Petite Sirah)
  • By Richard Jennings
    1/28/2012, (See more on 93 points

(Mauritson Wines Zinfandel Dry Creek Valley) Deep, perfumed, wild berry, raisin, violet nose; tasty, violet, wild berry, black cherry palate; needs 1 year; medium-plus finish

NOTE: Some content is property of