• I've had some bottle variation since the amazing bottle I had nearly two years ago. Initially, this had the incredible menagerie of flavors but appeared a bit too sweet, slightly unbalanced. Next day, the flavors were sublime, with tropical fruit, flowers, minerals/saline, and a great spine of acid. I have only two more bottles, and I hope I have the willpower to bury them for a while.

• Delicate, juicy and harmonious wine of fine fruit, ripeness and minerality.
    Ripe apple, stone fruit, honey and little pineapple. Freshly-cut herbs, (white) florals and finest salty minerality showing smooth, ripe and mouth-filling with delicate acidity pulling through on the palate.
    Beautiful and very enjoyable now, but with good potential ahead.

• Bright deep hay in colour; nose of sweet ripe green and red apples, some pears and a touch of honey. Nice and smooth on the palate where I'm getting some apricot liqueur, ripe green apples, and some honeyed minerally pineapples; acidity balances out the flavours; has a very nice finish to go along with it. An excellent spatlese with an excellent price tag when I bought this; have one bottle left, wish I bought a case when I had the chance.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• Very sweet with nice acidity, pineapple, minerality

• Opened the first of our bottles on this evening to accompany spicy chicken stir-fry, and it did a wonderful job. A pale yellow in the glass with long legs, the nose features apricot and green apple principally, with touches of white flowers and slate. Very good intensity amidst medium concentration, with just enough acidity to keep it from getting cloying. Actually, less acidic than I'd expected, and also not as much stoniness as I thought there'd be. Also a bit of funky atmosphere around the dinner table, so that may have distracted me from really focusing on this fine riesling.

• By Joel B. Payne
    January/February 2011, IWC Issue #154, (See more on Vinous...)

(Forstmeister Geltz-Zilliken Saarburger Rausch Riesling Spatlese #6) Subscribe to see review text.

View From the Cellar

Mosel Fine Wines

JancisRobinson.com

View From the Cellar

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and View From the Cellar and Mosel Fine Wines and JancisRobinson.com.