1. markrucks

2. bugdoced

3. mdfuller

• Opened by Phil. Drinking very well. Earthy with dark fruit notes. Fuller body. 89-90 points.

• Took to a restaurant before a show. Didn't focus too much on what was in the glass as much as the conversation. Seemed to really open at the 30 minute mark showing pretty dark cherries, baking spices, mid-weight on the body (even with such a hot vintage), and ready to drink up.

• Not a rock star but a crowd pleaser, or at least, a daughter pleaser. Ana rarely comments about the wines I serve but she loved this one as did Nita. Both of them lean towards bigger richer wines like many non wine geeks. Ana came over with the main attraction of the night, our 11 month old grandson. So I laid back on the wine a bit since Keegan got most of the attention from everyone, including me. So this was totally the right wine :) This shows the over ripeness of '09 with sweet lush fruit. AlC 14.9%, or in other words, easily 15%, adds to the sense of weight. Too much cola on the nose. For me personally, a swell 87-89pt wine. For most non wine geeks like my daughter and wife a 93pt+ wine :). I doubt even Tom & Deb, owners of LCD, would say this is 100% in their personal wheelhouses. That said, for all its Alc and ripeness, this is a pretty tasty balanced wine. For me, I'd rather drink a more finessed "off vintage" Le cadeau as that is where the house excels in my opinion, often offering up feather weight, more ethereal, PNs without the cola. I haven't had a 2011 Le Cadeau yet but I'd love to drink one. I doubt I'll fall in love the 2012's. I wasn't excited about an early 2012 Aterbery Maresh I had recently when compared with 2011. Keegan was 100pts as usual :)

• very drinkable now. the '09 is an odd vintage for me to characterize as i have just not drank enough of it ... the '09 Merci was easy to drink and went very well with before dinner snacks. looking forward to the next one, and maybe set up a '09 tasting

• Ripe spicy black cherry dominates a full bodied, supple but ultimately one dimensional easy drinking pinot. There's a vein of vanilla and oak tannins that give the wine structure, but there's an absence of elegance and minerality that leaves me wanting. Unfortunately for me this wine continues the trend of disappointing 2009 Oregon Pinot's. Too many have been fruit forward and lacking structure. Purchased on a whim for a $22 close out at the Winehouse.

• By Josh Raynolds
    July/August 2011, IWC Issue #157, (See more on Vinous...)

(Le Cadeau Vineyard Pinot Noir Merci Willamette Valley) Subscribe to see review text.

NOTE: Some content is property of Burghound and Vinous.