1. VoiceofC

2. Squarebear

3. yorknh

• This was a moldy, mushroomy mess the whole first night. The bright garnet color didn't give it away, but the wet cardboard nose, no fruit, and short finish shouted that it was past its prime. I sealed it back up and considered my options. Tonight, I poured a glass while thinking of what recipe would benefit from such an "old" wine, which still smelled, well, awful. Upon tasting, lo and behold, there was red fruit! Spices! A bit of pepper and a lot of tobacco! And a medium + finish. So we've gone from flawed to something in the mid-80's. I don't know what to tell others, except don't wait any longer. Drink now while you still can!

• Sadly mishandled an ahso opener and punched the cork right into the bottle and got a wine spritzing as a result. Wine is drinking beautifully but was a bit short lived. It went in the Decanter and the fruit faded after about an hour and left the wine with a bit of a rough edge. Overall, very enjoyable and I'm glad my buddy saved one from when it was originally sold.

• 'TWAS gone in a flash. Drinking very well right now.

• Took about 5 minutes to open up after initial pour immediately upon opening. Still drinking beautifully. I won't hold the last 2 bottles indefinitely, but I'm confident it will last nicely through the next year or so.

• Very savoury nose with a bit of herbs. Fig. Palate is cassis, earth, herbs, hint of bell pepper. Finish is short/medium. Well integrated with little to no tannin remaining. Nice wine. I don't think this will get much better, but there's a chance some secondary notes will emerge further with a bit more bottle time.