1. eltejano

2. bvwino

bvwino

3. David_T

David_T

• A little more evolved than my last bottle a couple of years ago. On the pop and pour, a prominent oak note was present and the fruit seemed tight, even after a couple of hours. Vacuvin'd and tried the next evening - the fruit fleshed out quite a bit and was quite nice. Overall very nice - a really good value for a solid Cali cab here.

• quite big in profile and its fruit. Kind of like a bedrock zin. It was a acidic spine to keep the fruit from being flabby. I don't get any secondary notes whatsoever and think it did, it would give it a lot of intrigue.
    2nd day - this calms down a bit and shows more red fruit. quite nice and shows that santa cruz mountain fruit. Increased from 88 to 90

• Decanted and off its sediment & served immediately with braised shirt ribs. Inky crimson/purple color. Cassis, blackberry, incense, vanilla and spice aromas. Full-bodied with fine, sweet tannins and flavors of cassis, licorice, plum, blackberry and black cherry turning toward blue fruit. Lengthy, balanced finish. Still young, I may wait on the next one for a few years- there's plenty of fruit to last. 92+ pts.

• Spicy dark fruit nose. Meaty mushroom nose. Pretty strong dark and red berry mouthfeel. Little disjointed, definitely some green pepper notes, some tar. Still quite tannic given the age. Almost seems more Syrah than cab. Certainly a food wine. Try ribs or something porky. These bottle almost seems young with great potential.

This wine just can not be consistent. I have had it at 88. I have had it at 92. I think 91 with potential this go around. Will do my best to avoid for 6 months at least to see how it develops.

• Hmmm....a relatively sour bottle. Almost tart. Not off, just not necessarily on. I don't know. I still get the structure and the quality of the grapes but not singing like it has in the past.

Will open another quite shortly to see what's up. Stay tuned.

For this I revert back to my 2012 score: 88