1. Jscalia

Jscalia

2. PatrickWalz

PatrickWalz

• Very nice. Probably atypical in style of most viognier/white rhones but technically excellent. Unctuous. Rich. Floral notes dominated by toasted honeysuckle. (Served with blackened Mahi-Mahi.)

• Smells of kerosene, but surprisingly nice on the palette. Got better with time.

• I agree with the other reviews. This Viognier is too sweet for a regular bottling. I missed the minerality I expect in a high quality Viognier at this price. I prefer Alban or anything from Condrieu over this.

• (revised) Not sure I've ever really tasted a wine like this. The nose and taste feel like that of a spirit with 40% alc or so. Along with the apple notes in the Viognier, it is like a sweet/weak 15% alc Calvados or Apple Brandy. (I don't mean this as "the taste contains hints of Calvados". I mean it really really tastes like Calvados.). It's not an unpleasant taste, though it is hard to think of anything to pair it with. Revising my score up to 85, as it is quite interesting and I don't think I'll mind drinking the remaining bottles. I would recommend, though, to not expect this to be a normal Viognier. It is a very unique wine. As long as you view it on those terms, it can provide some enjoyment.

• Medium straw color. Aromas of baby powder and flowers. Palate has floral and grapefruit pith notes without much richness. Some vanilla influence is lurking in there and the finish contains an artificial element that leaves an impression that you've drunk perfume or a kitchen surface cleaner. Easily the worst wine from Ridge I've ever consumed. Part of this is the fact that I'm not a big fan of Viognier. Disappointing, to say the least. Hold for more interesting development?

RJonWine.com

• By Richard Jennings
    3/15/2015, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 88 points

(Ridge Viognier Lytton Estate) From 375 ml - light medium yellow color; apricot jam, dried apricot, baked pear nose; rich, almond, apricot jam, dried apricot, baked pear palate; medium-plus finish (14.9% alcohol) 88+ points
  • By Richard Jennings
    12/15/2010, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 87 points

(Ridge Viognier Lytton Estate) From 375 ml - light yellow color; VA, apple, applesauce nose; ripe apple, ripe pear, honeysuckle, applesauce palate, a little hot, with noticeable residual sugar; medium finish

NOTE: Some content is property of RJonWine.com.