1. SC OLY

2. bstephen

bstephen

3. Sauvyfan

Sauvyfan

• Drank after a big Jammy California cab and this held it's own. Jammy tar, and fruity. Great wine at $32. Bin End special.

• I adore this wine. I've re-bought twice and this sadly is my last bottle. The nose is rife with black fruit, cranberry and gasoline. Unique nose. The palate structure is holding beautifully. Fruit borders on "cooked or stewed" but well supported by the acidity. There is a lushness to this wine; slutty if you will, that draws me to the stem over and over.

• Opened 3 + hours before blind tasting. Similar impressions as mine of 9/15/13. Not as popular amongst those at my blind tasting, but most other wines were Rhones. This may improve over a few years.

• Not nearly as hot as most Aussie Shiraz I have experienced, perhaps the 14.2 ABV and age mellowed it. Very fruity on the nose, w/raisins/black currant/Amarone-like scents. Silky, fruit-filled and great w/BBQed ribs. Even better (91+) after being open 2-3 hours. A steal @$10 @ Costco last weekend. They had 200+ cases late Sun afternoon. A return trip at 10AM opening on Monday, found less than 12 cases. I should have bought still more, since I have already consumed/shared 4.

• OK so this does come off as a bit candy coated and extracted, but I think they stopped just short of crossing the line. After extended decanting, other elements begin to emerge beyond the fruit. I find this voluptuous, and quite indulgent for the price.