1. Wine-Strategies

Wine-Strategies

• What a great buy. I've had Barolo's that are not this good.

Do you find this review helpful? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• Notes are consistent with my experiences from last summer, except to say that this has filled out ever so slightly. No fat mind you, just a touch more complexity and elegance. An excellent effort in a challenging vintage. Drink thru 2017

• Having had dozens and dozens of different examples of this bottling over the years, I have to say this might be my favorite. This comes across more as a Cru Barolo than a Langhe Nebbiolo, with power, grace and harmony in every glass. The perfumes are heavy, the acids cool, but it's the tannins that might be most impressive - grippy, focused, precise. This is a wine I could drink 5 nights a week, easily (because I typically prepare dishes that this wine will favor). From the months of March thru July of this year, I had this wine at least 10 times; I found variation in only one of them, the rest were superb, and very fresh. Many had all but written off this vintage, but mother nature moved in at the last minute and provided all the hang-time this delicate grape required to achieve superior phenolic ripeness and complexity. One of the most complete wines (young or not) I've had this year. very highly recommended, drink thru 2019, score: A-/A

• Brian and Tess: Wow! this is a step above the Vietti 07; floral notes, white peach, more ’drier“ min. and delicate flavors, less forward ripe frt; fresher bubbles, more, lighter mth, but grt intensity and freshness. I’d get more, but only if drunk soon.