1. FredCiaramaglia

FredCiaramaglia

• A refreshing blend of 80% Langhe Chardonnay, the rest Riesling. I have to admit I was quite surprised how enjoyable this was - the areas around La Morra not being so well known for their white grapes and all, but during my 4 month stay in Barolo, this was one of my go to wines, I probably enjoyed a case or more while there. The nose is robust, bursting with saline, apricots, crushed minerals, a basket of white floral and a touch of persimmon. As pretty (and engaging) as the nose is, the palate is where the wine really shines. I admit to being a bit of a white wine snob, but my snobbery has served me well and many a fine food pairing have been made. This wine is no exception, and its Langhe Bianco status makes this a real sleeper. I'll be in Costa Mesa in about ten days and I hope to be able to buy a case at HiTime Wines. This is worth seeking out. Approx $18, drink thru 2013, 13,5% abv

RJonWine.com

• By Richard Jennings
    6/8/2011, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 92 points

(Oddero Langhe Bianco Collaretto) Light green-tinged yellow color; intense, ripe lime, white peach, honeydew melon nose; tasty, tangy, nectarine, tart peach, lime, juicy citrus, mineral palate; medium-plus finish 92+ points (80% Chardonnay, 20% Riesling)

NOTE: Some content is property of RJonWine.com.