• A nice simple chablis. Surprisingly little minerality, but many other qualities associated with chablis. The oxidation quality morphed into interesting flavors.

• Still a little green for me, although I think after a few years (not too long, 2-3+), it should mellow out a bit. Decent fruit to balance the acid. Time will tell.

• I opened this to use a glass in a beurre blanc sauce. Pretty good to taste too. Youthful still but not overly oaked. Ripe fruit without being too showy. Citris, mineral, good acidity - fine balance and excellent length. A very credible basic Chablis.

• Served too cold to start. Very light straw color, maybe a little green tinge to it. Nice nose of pear, peach and apricot. Some tropical notes as well. Palate a bit acidic, even after it opened up and warmed up. Mineraliness and limestone on palate with tropical fruits underneath.

• I am not all that familiar with Chablis (ala Burgundy), so my comments need to be interpreted in that light. Initially, I found this wine to be a bit green, perhaps a little too acidic. After a while, this changed a bit, although the wine never "smoothed out" at least for me. As others have noted, it was crisp and fruity (although not at all sweet). This is an introductory level white Burgundy and it may be that "it is what it is".

All in all, a decent value (for under the $14 I paid for it). I will be curious how the others taste. Also, seemed to be better closer to room temperature (65) than to cellar temperature (55).

Much better on Day 2. The greenness was gone, smoother, less acidic. I guess it needs to age some more.

JancisRobinson.com

NOTE: Some content is property of JancisRobinson.com.