1. Teamcrev

2. cobystilp

cobystilp

3. jlimberg

jlimberg

• Riccardo's preceding tasting note pretty much nailed this for me as well, so I won't repeat. This is very tasty stuff, reminiscent of Dr. Pepper, through much nicer. Not much depth or complexity, but high quaffability. But I don't really know what to do with my other two bottles. I guess I'll look for an opportunity to pour it for folks who typically drink $20-25 Pinot Noirs, because they'll probably love it more than me. This is a rare big disconnect between me and IWC's Josh Raynolds.

• Ripe, sweet, candied, red fruit that's delicately layered with a creamy edge. Cola, spice, and a touch of earthiness emerge on the midpalate along with a nice wash of fine grained tannins coating the finish. Neither too heavy nor hi-octane, but nonetheless really showing alot of ripeness in the fruit profile. Otherwise well balanced with nicely integrated oak, and some underlying complexity, but ultimately too sweety-frooty for my tastes.

• Strong Ruby. Quite a fragrant, heady wine. Candied red raspberries and spicy nuances typical of these Santa Rita pinots waft out of the glass. Sweet and sappy on the palate with pleasant tannins coating the mouth. I really like this stuff and at $32, it is a very good value. It does not have some of the complexity that I hope for a great pinot but I do like these wild fruit forward santa rita wines. They seem so good when young (I also like them old but just had the one from this vineyard- I wish I had more to observe over the years but glad I got a taste).

• Nice. Better 2nd night. Predominantly red cherries.

• Had this alongside the Bouchaine Rockin H Pinot. It had a hard time standing up. Beautiful nose. A bit thin.

• By Josh Raynolds
    November/December 2011, IWC Issue #159, (See more on Vinous...)

(Tyler Winery Pinot Noir La Encantada Sta. Rita Hills) Subscribe to see review text.