1. JulianSkeels

2. SteadyEddy

SteadyEddy

3. MoTheMan

MoTheMan

• bel colore granato , naso frutta rossa , ciliegia , spezie esotiche , cuoio , in bocca corposo , morbido con tannini risolti , puo' durare ancora parecchi anni ma comunque inizia ad essere pronto. Bella lunghezza e persistenza in bocca

• Slow oxed 6hrs, which was perfect. This is seriously lush and hedonistic. Initially fairly light, but rich and with waves of sweet cherry. Amazing bredth and mouthfeel. With air this darkened and whilst more of the sangenovise' flavours came through... I loved the initial plush phase the most. This is a wine all about the 'feel' and less the actual taste. Next time try just a 30min double decant to see the difference. Will this improve? Perhaps, but since I prefer this without too much air I'll be drinking all my bottles in the next 2-3yrs.

• Wow. What a lush, sensual, and pleasurable wine. At 14.5% ABV, I was a little worried this would be a bit massive. But while ripe and lush, the fruit, alcohol and body are well-balanced by its structure. Terrific and inviting nose. It is showing some nice earthy and leathery secondary characteristics. I really enjoyed this, and I'm glad that I waited to open this, but even so, this has even further upside potential. I wish I had more of this and would love to try it again in a few years …but by the same token I'm glad I opened this tonight as it made for memorable drinking.

• This wine is getting revved up for the things to come. Opened at noon and slow ox-ed for 6 hours. Decanted for three thereafter, tasting intermittently. Tonight's tasting was all about tasting the stuffing. The acidity is still a bit strong, as are the tannins but the fruit is pure and delicious and once all the components decide to settle down a bit this wine will be a monster. Red fruits dominate here on the nose and palate with a deep tobacco florality as well as a strong minty underbrush note bordering on barnyard. This was right up my alley. 94 on this night with substantial upside potential in 4-5 years once everything settles into place.

• Decanted an hour before drinking. It really needs that. Then a very good wine.

The World of Fine Wine

• By Antonio Galloni
    2006 Brunello: The Emperorís New Clothes or Historic Vintage? (May 2011), (See more on Vinous...)

(Pian Dell'orino Brunello Di Montalcino) Subscribe to see review text.

NOTE: Some content is property of The World of Fine Wine and Vinous.