1. MurphyCellar

MurphyCellar

• A little bitter definitely not sweet, perhaps a little past its time. Some fruit still present and still enjoyable nonetheless. My wife drank it with ice cubes and called it refreshing but also agreed with bitter taster.

• This was a unique Rose for sure. Really odd, darker reddish color, especially compared to the French Roses that I have been drinking over that last year, which seem to have more of a copper/salmon/cantaloupe color. I noticed that the wine was allegedly 92% Sangiovese which struck me as being somewhat unique. So, I ended up liking. Nice, refreshing, summery Rose, but I felt as though it could stand up to some relatively hearty fare. Nose of strawberry, a little melon of some type and some spicy element(s). On the palate, some notes of strawberry/raspberry, and maybe even a little citrus or orange and some peppery notes too. I also detected some earthy elements like leaves and grass too. Don't think I will run out to buy more of this but definitely worth a try for something a little different.

• Bought this despite the unappealing fruit punch color, because I like the Zin by this producer. Disappointed with this bottle. Reminded me of the old boxed wines, wine cooler days of high school. Not much too it, watermelon & red berry jungle juice wine. Drinkable but no depth. Blah.

• This is a beautiful color wined. It is a perfect pink color that just screams summer wine. The nose and taste were nice with very hearty berry notes and not too sweet. I drank this in the winter so that may have affected my rating. Had it been a warm day sitting on the deck it may have added a couple of points to the rating.

• One of the best rose values. Beautiful color with wild berry notes.