1. Jeffrey Silver

2. Tenuta Stefan

Tenuta Stefan

3. Hammond

Hammond

• BYOB HT14#3: #BYOB - I don't understand this wine. Incredibly deep and complex nose with candle wax, butter, paint bucket, turpentine, corn, wood, ceder, furniture polish, smoke, leather and bitter oranges. Distinct oxidation, with similarities to the Colheita port tasted earlier the same day. Even though it has a good intensity, a full body it is strangely lacking in composure.
    I guess you really have to enjoy this type of wine, what a waste on me!

• What a wine! At 11ys of ages it's colour is ripe apricot. I decanted this wine for 90min. It's that's big and powerful. The texture of the Marasnne grape is so rich. The honeysuckle and orange marmalade jam come to mind on the taste. It's is so amazingly balanced. The finish seems to get stronger even after 20sec and go on and on. I believe that this wine from Northern Rhone Eremitage can revil the great Montrachets from Burgnady's side by side 30yrs on. Amazing this will cellar effortsly for another 35yrs.

• 2003 ExVoto Blanc : E. Guigal

The prime time has come.
    My 3rd time and this is just reach maturity. Much better and very open at this moment. Dense and full-bodied, very attractive and wonderful aftertaste. 97/100

• Serverades blint!
    Vi hittade rätt snabbt fram till var det hörde hemma.
    Jag drack samtliga Ex-Voto från 2003 och framåt för drygt ett halvår sedan. Hittade då oxiderade toner i detta vin, vilket jag inte alls gjorde på samma sätt denna gång. Denna flaska är avsevärt mycket bättre. I övrigt tycker jag nog att mina noteringar från 2013-11-27 stämmer rätt bra förutom att jag tycker denna gång att jag i doften hittar blommigare och örtigare toner.

• Good bottle served blind.
    The colour is between hay and amber.
    Very fruity and peppery bouquet. Sparemint, flowers and herbs.
    Very obvious that it is a white wine from northern Rhône.
    Thick texture, ok acidity for a white Hermitage, but really nice fruity flavours (dried fruit). I will say this wine is in balance at the moment, but it lacks some finess and elegance that I found in this wine last time I tried it. The 2007 has elegance and finess. Do not wait to long with this wine from the warm vintage of 2003. I do not think it will last more than a few more years.

Last time I had this wine it performed better according to me. I think I prefer these wines young and fresh. The 2007 is lovely at the moment. I really want to try the 2010 of this wine!

JancisRobinson.com

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and JancisRobinson.com.