1. Rudderowb

pkoster6000

1 Tasting Note

3. EMark

EMark

• drinking well now. Supple and smooth.

• This was great with a steak and oyster sauce stir-fry. I preface by saying that Pinot Noir is not my strong point and I often have found disappointment in what friends love as a great expression of PN.

This had a core of fruit that held senses and tastes of raspberry and strawberry jam and this core was surrounded by a swirl of tastes that hinted of stone, earth, wet leaves and delicate white roses. It drank like a dream, and we were quite surprised how quickly the two of us demolished the bottle. I will seek out more Merry Edwards.

If anyone reading this review has a favorite Pinot from Calif, Oregon, France, NZ or where ever that she or he thinks is comparable or better, I would love to get your recommendations as I am now wondering if I am missing the Pinot experience by not finding the right producers.

• Lovely. Aging well.

• WIML91

Tasted non blind.

Garnet to dark garnet color in the glass, clear looking throughout. Nose of birch, berries and cherries. Flavors of berries, cranberries and raspberries. Medium acidity, medium tannin, medium to full bodied. Drink or hold.

• Brooding, earthy nose with a hint of phenols. Like so many California PNs, the first taste is cherry, but, then, a good thin. As the wine moves over the palate, I get more of a blackberry flavor and acid and tannin structure add significant complexity. Acid/tannin suggests to me that there is some significant aging potential, here.

• By Stephen Tanzer
    May/June 2012, IWC Issue #162, (See more on Vinous...)

(Merry Edwards Pinot Noir Russian River Valley) Subscribe to see review text.