• Pride Dinner (Fire Food and Drink, Cleveland Ohio): I wondered if this would be too old. This came from my cellars as an extra. I don't think I would go too much longer with the wine but it was not over the hill. There is still cherry fruit although not as vibrant as the 07. Some forest floor type notes and also some dried fruit qualities. A lot of layering. Nice balance. I am sure on its own at dinner, it would show better as this was a tough place to drink it. Still, I found it very nice and another glimpse that these wines (at least as made in 96) can age. Sixteen years from vintage and just starting it path down IMO.

• Taken to dinner with friends at the Anvil Club. Decanted only for sediment, which was a mistake because it needed some time in the glass to open up. Notes of smoke, herbs, leather and roasted meat. Sweet chocolate and berries on the palate, beautifully balanced. Paired well with the veal chop.

• Older nose, lightly bricked color. Mature reddish fruits. Still concentrated, lenghty. Improved with air. A touch of pepper and acid. No doubt in my mind that these can age. 95% Merlot, 5% cab. 13.0% alc

• Bob Foley Wine Tasting Results (My Home): Tasted Blind
    Classy cabernet-like nose with earth, toast, black cherry, very complete and satisfying with a touch of older aromas
    A very nice palate coating viscosity that features tobacco, dry cherry and toast. Smooth, seamless feel to the wine with a soft, but long finish of dark chockolate. A yummy wine, that has me very excitied regarding the potential ageability of Pride wines.