1. MBannon

2. drjb

drjb

3. Plabella

Plabella

• My first experience with grand cru Chablis and my first experience with Chablis having any age on it, so I'm not really sure whether I got an "off" bottle or am simply not a fan of aged grand cru. Served out of a 375 shortly after opening at temp somewhere between cellar and fridge. Straw colored, not browning at all. Nose of apples and nuts to me, but my wife (who has a much better olfactory system) called the nose "hydrogen peroxide." Full bodied in the mouth but not the steely, flinty citrus notes I'm used to in younger Chablis and not the buttery, toasty oak of Cali Chard-- just more of the apples and nuts (and hydrogen peroxide). If this is aged grand cru, I don't think I care for it nearly as much as the younger stuff. Got another 2004 in a 750 from a different producer; tempted to open for comparison's sake.

• happy happy joy joy, a pox-free bottle

• premox. Fevre owes me about $500

• Took an hour or so to open up but when it did it was still extremely youthful. Showing a decent bit of wood. Very solid acidity. Very Chablis like. Lemon and salinity. Really nice but could go for another 5-10 years. I've had nothing but youthful bottles of this 04 Preuses and I plan to let my last bottle go the distance.

• Full yellow. Brothy, saline tones with some citrus. Medium to full bodied. Starts fairly fresh but quickly turns very truffled. Not nearly as exciting or with as much Chablis snap as a bottle earlier this year. Fully mature and on the downhill slide.

I must say that this held up better in the bottle overnight that I had anticipated. The honeyed truffle aromas shared the stage with orange fruit and chalkiness. Yes, fully mature, but more life than I first thought and actually very good.

• By Stephen Tanzer
    November/December 2006, IWC Issue #129, (See more on Vinous...)

(Domaine William Fevre Chablis Les Preuses) Subscribe to see review text.

JancisRobinson.com

View From the Cellar

• By Stephen Tanzer
    July/August 2005, IWC Issue #121, (See more on Vinous...)

(Domaine William Fevre Chablis Les Preuses) Subscribe to see review text.

RJonWine.com

6/11/2007, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 95 points

(Domaine William Fèvre Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses) Chalky, lime essence, mineral nose; tastier now than Les Clos, with great minerality, elegant citrus; medium-plus finish
    9/29/2006, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 91 points

(Domaine William Fèvre Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses) Faint mineral and lime nose; tasty citrus palate with lime edges, less dense than the Bougros; medium finish
    8/26/2006, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 94 points

(Domaine William Fèvre Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses) Gorgeous, elegant, lemon chiffon nose; lovely, rich lemon and cream palate with great balance; long finish

NOTE: Some content is property of Burghound and Vinous and JancisRobinson.com and View From the Cellar and RJonWine.com.