1. MichaelSy

2. WineCellarTV

• Lime. Lime. Lime.

As the taster below said in 2013, this is still a baby. There is still so much acid here that it has the legs to go a lot further. I'd even try 2018 or 2020. I think the screw cap is definitely slowing it down.

His flavour notes below are on point, and perhaps I consumed it when it was too cold. More of the brioche, melon, honey and lovely fruit comes through when the bottle is a little warmer and has breathed for an hour or so.

Overall a great quality wine. I paid $72 AUD for it, which is a bit steep in my opinion. I would only pay maybe $50-$60 AUD for this world class Hunter Valley Semillon.

• Green to straw- yellow in the glass.
    Aromas of fresh Citrus, Lime with some pineapple. Hints of Honey with Floral notes. Traces of Sulfur.
    Taste of a lot of fresh Fruits, like Lemon, Lime, some Grapefruit and Honeydew Melon. Beautiful acidity. Finishes medium-long with Toasty and Honey characters.
    A typical and great Hunter Valley Semillon. Still very fresh and young!
    The screwcap closure is definitely slowing the aging process.
    This wine still has many years down the road.
    For more details and pics see my Blog:

James Halliday Australian Wine Companion

NOTE: Some content is property of James Halliday Australian Wine Companion.