1. Hammar

2. cwiebe

cwiebe

3. msuwright

msuwright

• Bright lemon flavors, acidic, low oak (I would have believed it was steel fermented). Good, but nothing too exciting.

• Seems as though I got a good one. Fingers crossed on the next bottle.

• Underwhelming. Served as the opener to our annual lobsterfest dinner, this could only be described as "pleasant." No elements stood out. Thought initially that it needed some air. However, even two hours in the glass didn't open things up. Have found BC wines to have higher than normal bottle variation over the years, sometimes even tasting like different wines. Perhaps that's the case here.

• After having a flawed bottle a while back, the winery went above and beyond to send me a second bottle at no cost to me. I was very impressed. I will have to say, thought, that in my view this bottle was also flawed, even though my wife and guests on Xmas didn't necessarily think so. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly, so perhaps I just do not like the wine, but the fruit quality seem compromised somehow (something a bit sour), and I cannot recommend it base don the two bottles I've tried, the second being stored directly at the estate and sent to me. I am very sorry as I had wanted to try one of their wines for a long time.

• No notes: popped and poured; consumed over a few days. Medium body; the oak, while still possessed of a slight bite, has receded in favor of the fruit. I have found this run of six bottles (of which this is the last) to be wildly inconsistent, but this one was excellent. Could probably go another year or two.

• By Antonio Galloni
    California's Central Coast: Better than Ever (Aug 2012), (See more on Vinous...)

(Brewer-clifton Chardonnay Mount Carmel Sta. Rita Hills) Subscribe to see review text.
  • By Josh Raynolds
    November/December 2011, IWC Issue #159, (See more on Vinous...)

(Brewer-Clifton Chardonnay Mount Carmel Vineyard Sta. Rita Hills) Subscribe to see review text.

RJonWine.com

• By Richard Jennings
    3/9/2014, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 88 points

(Brewer-Clifton Chardonnay Mount Carmel) Light medium yellow color; baked pear, light caramel, tart pear, reduction nose; concentrated, very tart lemon, reduction, mineral palate; medium-plus finish (13.3% alcohol) 88+ points

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and RJonWine.com.