1. srp_gc

srp_gc

2. nicofisher

nicofisher

• Good for the price. Given the problems finding a decent Bourgogne Pinot Noir at what I consider the be a day-to-day price, I'm quite pleased with this (first of six). It's not going to come close to the great wines of the region, and is clearly lighter, but it's still got a smooth finish, the pinot flavour and texture that I expect. Not much scope for further maturity, but I can see me keeping a rolling stock of these.

• Lovely for village burg - perfumed nose and delicate fruit, just a little hollow but hey, this is an entry level wine. You are getting a hint of something more profound here

• This was a decent bottle, a little red berries on nose and soft raspberry on the palate. It was a bit thin and more like a vin ordinaire than a cote de nuits, but still very enjoyable.

• Holy crappola, this is bad. Not just bad as in I don't like it, more "how the hell did they even think they should put this stuff in a bottle and sell it" kind of bad. Thin, weedy, green, mouth-puckeringly acidic and tannic with absolutely no discernible varietal characteristics whatsoever. "£15 is cheap for a Burg" says the guy in the shop. True, but it is also a lot of money for what can be best described as cooking wine. The worse thing about this is that I purchased the 2008 last year and it was just as bad. I have not learnt from my mistakes. More fool me.

JancisRobinson.com

NOTE: Some content is property of JancisRobinson.com.